TT Empire Newsletter

Re: TT Empire Newsletter

Postby oldtrainguy » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:38 pm

You should get an email with a link to where you can download the issue.
Don
oldtrainguy

Postby Bernd » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:59 pm

oldtrainguy wrote:You should get an email with a link to where you can download the issue.

Never got one on my initial sign up. Just got a link to confirm my e-mail address.

Bernd
Bernd

Postby ttoldguy » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:22 pm

Bernd wrote:I'm still waiting for the Sept. issue. I did sign up on Sept. 1 or 2. I figure it would be in my mail box by now.

Bernd

Bernd: If you signed up on Sept 1 or 2 you missed the Email as it went out at 4 am on Sept 1st so our non US folks can have it before their daylight disappeared. Email me and I'll send you the link for the issue. Mike
ttoldguy

Postby ttoldguy » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:38 pm

j p wrote:Yes, the statement "Over the last few years it seems that there is now less available in the area of new items." is hmmm... politely said controversial.
We have got the most new TT-scale RTR models and kits during the last few years since 1960s! How can that be "less available"?
I think that the editor owes an apology to MTB, SazModel, Zeuke-TT, GoldCoast/Lok-n-Roll and many others. And that is only when considering North American TT-scale. If we take the TT-scale in general (incl. Europe), we have more available in the area of new items than ever before.

- Jan

Jan: I stand by my statement. In the last issue of the TT Empire in Dec. 2013 all the companies you mention were noted as the hope for the future of TT Scale. Since that time several of these companies have folded, merged or limited their TT Scale availability. Since January 2014 there is less variety available now, especially in US prototype, than 21 months ago. Simply producing the same models and road names year after year leads to less and less sales and eventually the discontinuance of the line. That is pure business fact. Just look at Athearn. Horizon bought them out and discontinued many of their items and road names. In order for them to make money, which most TT cottage industries don't, there has to be variety and quantities for modelers to purchase. My good friend Ingo in Germany makes what I feel are the finest fret kits of US prototypes at a reasonable price, and can't give them away. If the TT folks don't buy, they will be the cause of a decline in the scale in manufacturing. Business 101. Mike PS: European and Asian manufactures make European and Asian prototypes. Every time they dealt with US prototypes they were lucky to break even. Small parts is the only area a few pennies can be made and that market is limited to modifying models.
ttoldguy

Postby j p » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:55 pm

My observation is the opposite. There are so many new models that I am not able to build them all. Only the Pennsy Congo itself has 7 different types of cars. My observation may be biased by Chris' models, of course. I have never had so many models "in progress" as during the last few years.
Regarding Ingo's kits: the quality of the kits may be excellent but it is difficult to sell if the customer does not know about them. Have you got a catalog of his models? I have tried to order his RS3 through Michael (Art&Detail), no progress so far...

Simply producing the same models and road names year after year leads to less and less sales and eventually the discontinuance of the line.

Who is producing the same models and road names year after year in NA TT scale? Nobody does.

there has to be variety and quantities for modelers to purchase.

Yes, every time I try to convince people to make something new instead of another version of something we already have, I get flamed. I try to help with the variety by making lettering for the existing models - that adds some variety and helps the manufacturers to sell more undecorated kits.
A kit may be available later. I would not promise when. Most of the newly added TT scale models are "too new" for me. I need something for the transition era.
j p

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:32 pm

Ingo's kits are not announced anywhere. Al lets us know from time to time. I have an RS 3 ordered from Ingo for 4 years now. Any of the stuff on his site that I want is not available. The frets may be fantastic but when you can't get them, it doesn't matter.

If he wanted to sell more, he could regularly post here and keep us updated about what is available and what isn't. Advertising on this site is free and never considered spam (this is a well known fact). So let's go back to the "business 101" that you mention: if you don't advertise and/or have inventory to sell, you're effed.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the ruling class know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby CSD » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:39 pm

ConducTTor wrote:... taken directly from the current issue...

j p wrote:Yes, the statement "Over the last few years it seems that there is now less available in the area of new items." is hmmm... politely said controversial...

ttoldguy wrote:... I stand by my statement...

It is important to remember that the Empire is an editorial not a news publication. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Mark
//S
CSD

Previous

Return to Links