TT Collection - Great HP History!

TT Collection - Great HP History!

Postby kytreasurehunters » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:52 pm

This is an unbelievable collection for any TT Scale train enthusiast! This awesome collection is divided into 4 parts:

1.) HP Products 0-6-0 Switch Engine (Steam) with tender. One of first run by Hal Joyce "The Father of TT Scale". Has Rare First Run plastic cab and tender body. Partially assembled, one long side rod appears to be missing. In original box with parts, exploded view sheet and instructions. Box has original shipping label from Hartford City to GMCO Model Supply in Jamaica, New York with two three-cent stamps! This is a rare piece of TT history!! Also a Boxcar (HP) painted L & N and a HP wood side cupola caboose. All have HP couplers except the boxcar. It has Kadees butt couples. Motor in engine runs and turns middle wheels.

2.) MDC Roundhouse 2-8-0 Narrow Gauge steam engine cut down and regauged to TT scale with regauged coal tender. Has Kadee HOn3 coupler on rear. Runs like a Swiss watch on TT Track. Also five pairs of MDC Roundhouse archbar trucks egauged to TT Gauge. Good free rolling trucks in TT gauge. Custom built by Jim Strong.

3.) Lot of Maisto Diecast TT Scale cars and dummy 0-6-0 steam engine, long boxcar, 4-bay hopper, high side gondola and n2w style cupola caboose. Caboose has MDC Roundhouse narrow gauge archbar HOn3 trucks regauged to TT gauge. Rolls great!

4.) TT Scale T-Set Train set, German Prototype 0-8-0 Steam tank engine and four cars plus one extra container flat. No Power pack. Original Box is rough. Has instructions and catalog. Trains are new, still in plastic.

I have more pics available if you are interested.

I would like to sell this entire collection for $400.00 but am willing to negotiate on any serious offer.

Thanks!
Attachments
$(KGrHqR,!pYFCJMZEPfPBQyB9-rYMw~~60_57.jpg
$(KGrHqZ,!g4FC6Buhk)NBQyB71dpMg~~60_57.jpg
$T2eC16J,!yEE9s5jDZckBQyB7w5WIQ~~60_57.jpg
$T2eC16F,!y8E9s2fjEp-BQyB+,)8+w~~60_57.jpg
$(KGrHqJ,!r!FCS567kecBQyB7oVQWw~~60_57.jpg
kytreasurehunters

Re: TT Collection - Great HP History!

Postby Richard-B » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:54 pm

kytreasurehunters wrote:<snip>
3.) Lot of Maisto Diecast TT Scale cars and dummy 0-6-0 steam engine, long boxcar, 4-bay hopper, high side gondola and n2w style cupola caboose. Caboose has MDC Roundhouse narrow gauge archbar HOn3 trucks regauged to TT gauge.

Note that -one- of the Maisto cars is the elusive NH gondola...
These cars are quite scarce... probably because someone pointed-out that they forgot to do the die-work on one end!!! (It's blank) ...and I suspect Maisto took them out of production rather than spend to fix the die.
Richard Brennan - http://www.tt-west.com
Somewhere between San Francisco and Budapest...
Richard-B

Postby AstroGoat760 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:55 am

I bought and paid for the first lot (the HP 0-6-0, boxcar, and caboose) from kytreasurehunters on the 22nd of January, and aside from a notification that she generated a tracking number for the package on the 28th of January, I have yet to see the package in the mail or even get a reply back from the numerous e-mails I have sent her.

The USPS claims that they have not even received the package yet to mail out. I have filed a complaint with PayPal, and even they have had no luck in getting a reply out of kytreasurehunters.

That is my experience with kytreasurehunters as a notice for others. If she comes around and makes good on her end of the deal, and sends me that lot; I will delete this post.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby Richard-B » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:37 pm

AngrySailor302 wrote:I bought and paid for the first lot (the HP 0-6-0, boxcar, and caboose) from kytreasurehunters on the 22nd of January, and aside from a notification that she generated a tracking number for the package on the 28th of January, I have yet to see the package in the mail or even get a reply back from the numerous e-mails I have sent her.

The seller, "kytreasurehunters" looks to be a relative newbie on eBay...
Her name is Michelle, and I corresponded with her last year.
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 14:59:41
Thank you so much for your lovely message and advice. I too am not a collector and to be honest with you, I am not very keene on trains at all! I am selling these for an older gentlemen who brought them to my antique shop for consignment. He has taken great pleasure in informing me on all sorts of trains!

She has less than 20 feedback ratings... and already one of them is similar to your situation.

2 Caveats:
1) The USPS tracking system does NOT always report in-transit progress unless this was paid-for. Don't fully depend on the auto-generated report for authoritative status.
2) At some point you need to contact eBay and file a formal "Resolution Case". I find it is better to call them up.
Richard Brennan - http://www.tt-west.com
Somewhere between San Francisco and Budapest...
Richard-B

Postby AstroGoat760 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:40 pm

Richard-B wrote:2 Caveats:
1) The USPS tracking system does NOT always report in-transit progress unless this was paid-for. Don't fully depend on the auto-generated report for authoritative status.
2) At some point you need to contact eBay and file a formal "Resolution Case". I find it is better to call them up.

I called the USPS, and I talked to a live agent who had said that they had no documentation of getting the package, just getting a tracking number from Michelle.
I can escalate the case on the 16th, which I plan on doing. Regardless, I have sent her over a dozen e-mails and she has not replied to any of them.
AstroGoat760

Postby Arseny » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:59 pm

AngrySailor302 wrote:I called the USPS, and I talked to a live agent who had said that they had no documentation of getting the package, just getting a tracking number from Michelle.

How is it possible to get the tracking number without sending it?
In Russian post we get the number from post officer, when the package is accepted for delivery...
Last edited by Arseny on Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arseny

Postby AstroGoat760 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:09 pm

Arseny wrote:
AngrySailor302 wrote:I called the USPS, and I talked to a live agent who had said that they had no documentation of getting the package, just getting a tracking number from Michelle.

How is it possible to get the tracking number without sending it?
In Russian post we get the number from post officer, when the packaged is accepted for delivery...

The simple answer to that is that the United States Post Office allows people to generate postage labels and create tracking labels for the parcel, and then have their local postal worker pick everything up, saving the sender from having to go to the post office.
AstroGoat760

Postby areibel » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:34 pm

I got a kick out of your response to her about the Maisto cars Richard! It didn't take long for her to list them just like that on Ebay, a "rare collectable " version of 99 cent Walmart stuff.. It sounds like she was just selling for someone else though, so she probably didn't have a clue- She originally had it all listed for what, something like $400? A pile of Maisto, a couple HP parts units and the MDC HOn3 that was a little interesting (but not near that value!). The owner probably kept telling her how valuable TT is, pointed out a couple nice TT auctions and she bought it hook line and sinker.
areibel

Postby ConducTTor » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:04 am

"kytreasurehunters" has been banned.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Return to Buy, Sell, Trade