TT available

Re: TT available

Postby Islanderh93 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:49 pm

Honestly, I'd rather take the layout myself with the locomotives, but then again, I don't know if it is worth it for me to have a TT layout, with 100+ HO trains.

Anyway, I'm 90% sure they are all HP locomotives, which have been painted black, lettered (as stated), and fixed on an as-need basis. A few have original looking work gears, though a few have sealed gears, which ought to be replaced. All are equipped with a type of early DCC control, for which the layout is wired. All had working headlights, and tender pickups, though improvements can certainly be made. Not shaby for over 40 years of age. Various parts are also around somewhere.

The fleet includes
B&E 0-4-0 dockside, mounted to a toolcar/idler-reach car for working the Eastport car float
B&E 0-6-0 goat, used to run transfer and switching at Easport
B&E 2-8-0 consolidation, used as the freight engine
B&E 4-4-2 atlantic, the passenger engine
LV 2-8-2 heavy mikado, used as LV freight for interchange at Bedford
LV 4-6-2 heavy pacific, used as LV passenger express

A german tank engine, a GP20, a diesel, a trolley, and various unfinished projects were in the works, but don't run.

They are Ed's trains, so I can't give estimates on costs or the like. I will let him know, and hope to meet with him. As an honors student, forgive me, I have 3 activities to complete by December 1, all of which will determine the direction of my life. I will get responses, but please give me time; I need more!
Islanderh93

Postby AstroGoat760 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:34 pm

Islanderh93 wrote:Honestly, I'd rather take the layout myself with the locomotives, but then again, I don't know if it is worth it for me to have a TT layout, with 100+ HO trains.

I had quite a big HO collection, as well as a number of other scales, before I got into TT scale, and trust me, there is nothing wrong with having multiple scales.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby Arseny » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:31 am

Islanderh93, I've send you email yesterday. If you did not receive it, please tell me here.
Arseny

Postby Islanderh93 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:50 pm

Mr. Elmer McKay, I recieved your email, but AOL refuses to load it. Can you please send it again?
Islanderh93

Postby Islanderh93 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:03 pm

Arseny wrote:Islanderh93, I've send you email yesterday. If you did not receive it, please tell me here.

I thought I sent a response about 15 hours ago. In any sense, I need to get in contact with Ed to see what he thinks of it all.

If I get the time to visit him, it will be next week. I am busy getting college work done, as I am a high school student in advanced placement classes, so there is a lot of homework. As a scout, I am proud to say that my Eagle Project will be taking up all my time this weekend. I am also busy cleaning up my yard, as the leaves are beginning to get into my neighbor's yard.
Forgive me for the delays.

If and when I get to see Ed, I will try to get an equipment list together, but as I said, it is going to take some time. Please be patient.

PS. Thank you for emailing me. I know it may sound strange to you, but I have always wanted to be able to say "I am in contact with a person in Russia". It had always been something I had wanted to do when I was in grade school.
Islanderh93

Postby Islanderh93 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:07 pm

AngrySailor302 wrote:
Islanderh93 wrote:Honestly, I'd rather take the layout myself with the locomotives, but then again, I don't know if it is worth it for me to have a TT layout, with 100+ HO trains.

I had quite a big HO collection, as well as a number of other scales, before I got into TT scale, and trust me, there is nothing wrong with having multiple scales.

I will if I can, but I don't own the basement, I'm only 17! I really don't have room at this moment for a TT layout. I was going to build a near replica of the line in HO, because I think it is the best design for its size. I need to downsize though.

Anyone want some O scale? I've got two crates of my own postwar lionels, and I know I can get some dough for them.
Anyone want some N scale minitrix? I don't even know why I have these!
Islanderh93

Postby Arseny » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:04 pm

Islanderh93 wrote:I thought I sent a response about 15 hours ago.

I did not receive it...

Accidentally I send the email from my wife's account. :)
And your response, of course, came into her mailbox.
I am sure, she decided it's spam and deleted it.

In any sense, I need to get in contact with Ed to see what he thinks of it all.
If and when I get to see Ed, I will try to get an equipment list together, but as I said, it is going to take some time. Please be patient.

Yes, of course; I understand.
Best wishes for Ed; his layout is excellent. I would be happy to get it all, but I am afraid it would be a little difficult to move it to Russia. :)

PS. Thank you for emailing me. I know it may sound strange to you, but I have always wanted to be able to say "I am in contact with a person in Russia". It had always been something I had wanted to do when I was in grade school.

It's not very difficult to perform it. :)
BTW, if you are interested in the TT scale modelling - the TT scale is very popular in Russia, more popular than N.
Arseny

Postby Islanderh93 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:25 pm

To whom it may interest:

Today I examined the Bedford & Eastport with my father. We have determined it will not be easy to get the layout out of the basement, but we are pretty sure that if a new home were found, we could get the layout out successfully, and then put it back together at that new home. Unfourtunately, it won't be my home. I am going away to college, and noone else would care for a railroad for me.

If anyone is interested in purchasing the layout, they gotta' have a place to move it to in the next few months. The buyer of the home above the layout is extending time on removing it, but we want to be nice to them. Her children don't seem all that interested in this craftsman gauge (forgive them, they're under 12), so the layout will have to go.

The layout is about 24 feet in total length, and 6 foot at the widest (on the ends). The sale would include the railroad, all structures, rolling stock, motive power, traction power, parts, accessories... all the stuff you need for an entire TT empire. Ed requests I try to sell the layout as a whole first, to try and keep his collection together. I dont' know how much to ask for it, first I want to see who wants the whole thing.

If noone steps forth in the next two weeks at least interested in the ENTIRE layout, we move on to step 2. I think I would salvage a few parts for a new, smaller TT layout, then sell the rest.

I will post pictures, inventory, and any relavent info.
All inquiries, for the whole thing or just a part will be respected.

hgb1of4@aol.com, or right here for response.
Islanderh93

Postby Islanderh93 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:34 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G-6Mnwigmk

The above is a video I took of the layout while my dad talked to Ed about machinery in the other room.

The main line goes back and forth accross the table 4 times, and is ment to be junction to point, in the yard on the left, but the brown bridge at 0:39 allows continuos operation by going right back throught the junction.

Don't worry about the big hole in the layout towards the end of the video, that is just an access hole I opened up to take pictures. It opens with an upward panel (seen in the video), and a panel that hinges downward, out of sight.

When I get more time, I'll explain which station is which, or take another video in main-line order of appearance.

If you're interested, please email me, we need to get the layout out soon.
Islanderh93

Postby Arseny » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:50 pm

Really GREAT layout!
Arseny

PreviousNext

Return to Buy, Sell, Trade