train shows

train shows

Postby jmass » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:25 am

has anyone been to a trade show where somebody was selling or promoting anything in tt scale. even european manufactures with a display.
jmass

Re: train shows

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:02 pm

So far I've only been to one show and that was the recent Atlanta Railrodiana which turned out to be not much more than a swap meet. I looked around hoping for the proverbial needle in the haystack but came up with nothing. However, I was wearing a shirt printed with the forum logo and some words about TT scale and someone asked me about it. When I started explaining what TT is, the guy next to him was nodding regularly in a "yup, I know this stuff" manner. That's as close to TT as I got. I'm waiting for an NMRA or that type of trade show in my area that I can attend then I'll have a better idea.
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Re: train shows

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:17 pm

When I was at the NMRA headquarters (or whatever they call it) in Chattanooga, TN; the people I talked to had said something along the lines of that they get something like 10-20 people a year asking around the NMRA about TT gauge, some for modeling and others for the memories (like how TT scale was the smallest practical gauge from 1946 to the mid to late 1960's).

Aside from Z scale (which I started over this vacation with a basic track oval that I picked up in Buford, GA), I am pretty sure that TT is the most established "niche" scale around.

Once I can get this dratted computer to work with me to get the photos from the hard drive uploaded to the site I will post photos of the display that I had of TT scale at a train show last March.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Return to General Discussion