TT-Tracks Displays in 2018

TT-Tracks Displays in 2018

Postby Bill Dixon » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:03 am

As 2017 draws to a close it is time to start thinking about TT-Tracks displays for 2018

Western Rails - Sunday March 18, 2018. Setup the afternoon of Saturday the 17th.
As we get as much space as we want we usually go big.

Nanaimo - Sunday April 22, 2018, Beban Park Recreation Centre, 2300 Bowen Road, Nanaimo, BC.
We have never displayed at this show. I know they would welcome us.
However setup is the morning of the show. To get enough time for setup we would have
to come over the night before. Drawbacks - Ferry fares and hotel rooms.

Victoria Show - Date not announced yet but I expect it to be Sunday May 27, 2018.
This is a one day show we have exhibited at once before.
To get enough time for setup we would have to come over the night before.
Drawbacks - Ferry fares and hotel rooms.

BCSME - Open weekends from Easter to Thanksgiving. We did two displays there in 2017.
I would not object to doing it twice again as long as neither is a long weekend.
Three days was too long.

Freemo - The local Fremo group has a setup at the Chilliwack Heritage Barns in June.
This is a private event paid for by the attendees.
I inquired as to whewther there was room for us (yes) and if we would be welocme (Yes).
We would pay the attendance fee ($60 or so) to be there.
They start Friday noonish and go to Sunday evening 6 PMish. There is 24 hour access
so you can run to your hearts content.

Kansas City - NMRA National August 10-12. It would be nice to be there but I don't think
we can scrounge enough bodies for it.

Chilliwack - October 13 and 14, 2018. We will be there again with the biggest display we can manage.

Vancouver Train Expo 2018 - The 2018 date has not been announced yet but I think it will be
November 10 and 11. We will be there with whatever sized display they will allow.

So for sure five displays: Western Rails, BCSME for two, Chilliwack and VTE with Freemo being a possibility.
Nanaimo and Victoria have time and expense issues. Kansas City is a bit far and would be expensive.

If more possible display events crop up I will update this list.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Re: TT-Tracks Displays in 2018

Postby dileTTante » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:00 am

This is an ambitious schedule. There are just three of us. I was overwhelmed by our situation last Sunday at our show in Vancouver and am considering next year with that in mind.
-Terry C
dileTTante

Postby AstroGoat760 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:19 am

We plan at this point to attend the 2018 NTS, could we be of any help?
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby CFRiad » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:27 am

Bill Dixon wrote:So for sure five displays: Western Rails, BCSME for two, Chilliwack and VTE

:thumbup:

Bill Dixon wrote:Freemo being a possibility.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Bill Dixon wrote:Nanaimo and Victoria have time and expense issues.

Being one-day shows and on the Island, the ratio of reward over effort may not justify going. But I could be arm-wrestled into going to one of them.

Bill Dixon wrote:Kansas City is a bit far and would be expensive.

Yup: too far, too expensive. 2019, Salt Lake City, baby!
CFRiad

Postby CFRiad » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:41 am

Bill Dixon wrote:Freemo - The local Fremo group has a setup at the Chilliwack Heritage Barns in June. There is 24 hour access so you can run to your hearts content.

I have two reasons for going to this. One is to have a calm session when we can update our Z21 apps with a complete roster of everybody's locos. Alternatively we can have a social afternoon at my place where we can set up a small layout on my living room floor. Everybody would show up with all their locos and walk away with their phone or tablet updated with a complete roster. The advantage of Chilliwack vs. my place is that it is 100 km closer for Voytek.

The other reason is to have time to fine-tune our equipment and being able to test it right away on the real layout.
CFRiad

Postby CFRiad » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:44 am

dileTTante wrote:This is an ambitious schedule. There are just three of us.
Only three, but the best three. We did it so many times before, sure we can do it over and over. Also Graeme needs a tablet and a Z21 crash course.
CFRiad

Postby dileTTante » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:13 pm

AstroGoat760 wrote:We plan at this point to attend the 2018 NTS, could we be of any help?

Yes, of course. Any other TTer would be welcomed, too.

CFRiad wrote:Graeme needs a tablet and a Z21 crash course.

'Crash' is a word that bothers me when thinking about TT at train shows.

Anyway, Graeme brought his iphone for the recent show at my urging. He was unable to download apps so couldn't install the one for Z21. Apparently his password is wrong. I'll try to get him to deal with it.

Also, Graeme has attended the Victoria show a few times and would go if we did. He says their food is good.

A weekend in Chilliwack with Freemo would be a good rehearsal for Kansas City. I had planned to visit Ohio again in spring but could postpone the trip to include Kansas City. I think it's important to have manufacturers and distributors see TT scale. Maybe Bjoern could be persuaded to fly over for the show and a baseball game. I favour a smaller layout to make things manageable and a bigger staging yard to have lots of trains displayed.

-Terry C
dileTTante

Postby AstroGoat760 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:29 pm

What could we be of help with, so we can start planning for the show?
AstroGoat760

Postby AstroGoat760 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:40 pm

One thing to keep in mind, we do not run DCC, as that would be a lot to convert our older North American TT fleet, with the old Pittman motors in them an all that. So, if we were to loan out locos and such, just be aware of that.
AstroGoat760

Return to Events