Track arrived!

Track arrived!

Postby Petercat » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:24 am

Well, I got the Kuehn startset yesterday, and of course I set up an oval. That little Prussian passenger set of mine sure looked good, finally running on a track instead of sitting on a shelf.
The low speed running is, frankly, amazing. Cheap Life-Like transformer from a N gauge set, no pulse power or anything, and it still has better crawl than any of my N or Z scale engines do with my fancy Railmaster power supplies! I am really looking forward to building a real layout.
Well, I've got the track, a passenger train, and a bridge. Now I need some buildings....some more track....a freight train or two...people...autos...and the money to pay for it all.
Considering that I'm still buying stuff for my Z layout.
And room for a layout. It will, after all, be just a bit larger than anything else I have.
My largest radius on my Z layout is 270mm, the smallest 195.
This is going to take some getting used to.
My board wasn't quite big enough, so I had to add some extensions. And add my little Z-scale Prussian, as well...
Attachments
First TT Track.jpg
"It's Peter, not Pete. Pete sounds like a bird fart.
Petercat

Re: Track arrived!

Postby jmass » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:09 pm

hey Peter, glad to see the track made it safe and sound! kuehn certainly gives you enough track to make a nice little layout. enjoy.
jmass

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:10 pm

And if you think that old BTTB locomotive is smooth, wait till you buy something modern.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Biased turkey » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:17 pm

Petercat, I'm glad you received your starter set and that you are satisfied with it.
I wish you hours of enjoyement with that set .
I'm in the same situation as you are, I'm a TT , HO and O scale modeller and TT scale is new to me.
TT scale allows you to quickly install a temporary layout on a living room table so the name TableTop is quite appropriate.
I for sure don't regret having purchased the Tillig starter set ( in a cardboard suitcase ).

Jacques
Biased turkey

Postby Petercat » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:18 am

ConducTTor wrote:And if you think that old BTTB locomotive is smooth, wait till you buy something modern.

I just ordered a Lok-n-Roll Santa Fe f3.
Petercat

Postby Petercat » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:23 am

Biased turkey wrote:Petercat, I'm glad you received your starter set and that you are satisfied with it.
I wish you hours of enjoyement with that set .
I'm in the same situation as you are, I'm a TT , HO and O scale modeller and TT scale is new to me.
TT scale allows you to quickly install a temporary layout on a living room table so the name TableTop is quite appropriate.
I for sure don't regret having purchased the Tillig starter set ( in a cardboard suitcase ).

Jacques

Thanks, Jacques. I'm thinking of making a small-ish display layout for the next model train show here in Savannah. (If there will be one?!!?)
Shouldn't be too much of a problem, as I can fit a 4X8' sheet of plywood in the back of my car. A 3X8' layout would fit nicely. I'm giving serious thought to buying a Tillig startset myself, to get a complete freight train in just one blow to my wallet. Maybe with my next bonus check...
Petercat

Return to Layouts / Track Plans