TT Today 50' Boxcar

Re: TT Today 50' Boxcar

Postby taoskid » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:56 pm

What happened to the TT SIG? I just joined the NMRA specifically to join that group. How would you get it going again? Thanks> Rob (Taoskid)
taoskid

Postby Tom Dempsey » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:45 pm

The interest seemed to wane significantly once we got the thing up and running. Mark and I decided to just shut it down for good this go around.
Tom Dempsey

Postby Richard-B » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:07 pm

Tom Dempsey wrote:The interest seemed to wane significantly once we got the thing up and running. Mark and I decided to just shut it down for good this go around.
To re-state Tom's message:

Tom Dempsey did a bunch of legwork to get the NMRA TT SIG re-railed...
Mark S. provided some initial content... and the response was...
underwhelming silence
Richard Brennan - http://www.tt-west.com
Somewhere between Shenzhen and Budapest...
Richard-B

Postby taoskid » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:04 pm

Sorry to hear that. I appreciate your efforts though. I guess I joined the NMRA after it was stopped. Was it just a newsletter or did you go conventions and shows? Did the NMRA provide the website or was it all on own? Do you have to pay for the use of their name and logo? Thanks for taking the time to read this. Although I've been modeling for decades, I'm new to TT Scale and the NMRA and not too sure how it works. Sincerely, Rob.
taoskid

Postby taoskid » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:04 pm

Sorry to hear that. I appreciate your efforts though. I guess I joined the NMRA after it was stopped. Was it just a newsletter or did you go conventions and shows? Did the NMRA provide the website or was it all on own? Do you have to pay for the use of their name and logo? Thanks for taking the time to read this. Although I've been modeling for decades, I'm new to TT Scale and the NMRA and not too sure how it works. Sincerely, Rob.
taoskid

Postby Tom Dempsey » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:44 pm

taoskid wrote:Sorry to hear that. I appreciate your efforts though. I guess I joined the NMRA after it was stopped. Was it just a newsletter or did you go conventions and shows? Did the NMRA provide the website or was it all on own? Do you have to pay for the use of their name and logo? Thanks for taking the time to read this. Although I've been modeling for decades, I'm new to TT Scale and the NMRA and not too sure how it works. Sincerely, Rob.

It was originally more than a newsletter, or perhaps, a newsletter with delusions of grandeur. TT Scale does get some representation at NMRA Nationals and some regional conventions, it's sort of spotty though as there aren't a lot of TT scale modelers left. SIG's do all the work themselves. NMRA doesn't charge anything after an initial setup fee, which I had managed to get waived since we were re-establishing a previously existing SIG. This forum seems to be the only continuously active source of information, so if there is going to be a "meet and greet" it'll generally get arranged here.
Tom Dempsey

Previous

Return to Builders' Corner