Tillig V60 Diesel Locomotive Model 96138-96146

Re: Tillig V60 Diesel Locomotive Model 96138-96146

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:00 pm

Hmmm yeah - good point.
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Christtking » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:10 pm

This is the junkiest model ever built in TT scale. I still can not believe Tillig bought it from former JATT! Anyhow! at least he could have redesign it. Good example class V60 NULL series manufactured by MMS, at least comes with marker lights. All my 3 models (at the time manufactured by former JATT) are still not functional after the motors burned out. I heard it was some kind of misaliagnment of the motor, the way it was seated in the CNC frame (body), the motor was just droped in there without any adjustment. After Tillig took over the production, they still manufactured it the same way, until they got a lot of complaints. Supposedly they've added a piece of phenolic under the motor (or on top of it under the board) for adjustment. I don't even bother fixing them! No big deal! Waste of money, that's my personal opinion!
Christtking

Postby Rich B » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:14 am

I've had issues with mine (96148, Fels D-02). The keeper plate on the chassis is so thick that it catches the check rails on Tillig points. I ended up filing it thinner, to the extent that the gear train is now exposed. Also, its running was very rough. I removed three gears from the system so that the connecting rods now carry movement across the axles, leaving the appropriate one in place to turn the jackshaft. It's a lot smoother now. Future V60 Osts will come from Piko...
Rich B

Previous

Return to Tillig TT Scale Models