Tillig standard tender?

Tillig standard tender?

Postby scaro » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:04 pm

http://www.tt-board.de/forum/showthread.php?t=11544

In the fourth table down on this useful posting on TT wheelbases, there is something called a 'Tillig standard tender's said to have a wheelbase of 31.6mm - I think 15.8 + 15.8mm.

Does anyone know, is this a powered tender? If so, could it be used to fashion a power truck for a loco?

Regards, Ben
scaro

Re: Tillig standard tender?

Postby Arseny » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:18 pm

I do not know German... What does it mean - "standart"?! As I know, the Tillig's BR01's and BR52's tenders are not compatible, for example. Although they both are motorized and powered, they can drive without the locomotive.
While the BR56's tender is not motorized, as I know (I am not 100% sure, but I think so)
Arseny

Postby dileTTante » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:54 pm

Tillig BR01 tender has a wheelbase of almost 47mm. Each axle is approximately 15.5mm from the next axle. I have one apart for installing a decoder. This might not be simple. The metal weight is not only holding the motor in place, it is the electrical connection from one side of track to the motor and lights. The tender for Tillig BR 23/35 has the same wheel spacing but no motor. These are old models. Don't know about anything new.
Attachments
DSC01901R.JPG
DSC01902R.JPG
dileTTante

Postby scaro » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:03 pm

thanks for the pictures and advice, dileTTante. yes, this does not look an easy option at all.
scaro

Postby Arseny » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:46 am

Motorized car from Igor Sergeev's collection:

One truck is motorized, using BR52's chassis (tender?). This car is intended for usage with the non-motorized locomotives.
Nice decision, eh? ;)
Arseny

Postby CSD » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:35 am

Arseny wrote:I do not know German... What does it mean - "standart"?!...

Just before WWII, German railways standardized components of locomotive construction. As part of that a standard tender was made for these locomotives. Examples can be seen behind the BR01, BR23/35, BR44, BR50 etc. Older designs, like the BR56, predate this era and therefore do not have a standard tender. The BR52 with its distinctive tub tender is an exception in that it was greatly simplified for fast and cheep production to meet demand during the war.

scaro wrote:...Does anyone know, is this a powered tender? If so, could it be used to fashion a power truck for a loco?...

As for using the models guts to make something, anything is possible. Keep in mind that the model has a rigid wheel base, so no provision for swiveling trucks.
Mark
//S
CSD

Return to Prototypes / Models