Tillig's Standard-hilfszug, Item 500795, 500796 and 500996

Tillig's Standard-hilfszug, Item 500795, 500796 and 500996

Postby ArturSch » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:38 pm

In 2009 Tillig announced, available only to members of Tillig-TT-Club, Standard-hilfszug consisting of three parts:
:arrow: 500795 - Gerätewagen, DR, Ep. IV / Magazine car DR, Ep. IV (Tillig TT-Club Sondermodell 2009),
:arrow: 500796 - Energieversorgungswagen, DR, Ep. IV / Generator car, DR, Ep. IV (Tillig TT-Club Exklusivmodell 2009),
:arrow: 500996 - Aufenthaltswagen, DR, Ep. IV / Train technical support car, DR, Ep. IV (Tillig TT-Club Exklusivmodell 2010).

:arrow: Numbers:
40 50 DR 946 0543-4,
40 50 DR 946 0542-6,
60 50 99-28 619-3 Dienst

:arrow: Stationing / Date
Bw Leipzig West, Heimatbf. Leipzig West / 12.08.1975
Bw Leipzig West, Heimatbf. Leipzig West / 31.07.1975
Leipzig Hbf, Bw Leipzig West / 29.10.1975

500795 (September 2009):

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image

500796: (February 2010):

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

As stated, the wagon is designed to establish a DCC decoder, here we go. In the instructions I've read that the slot decoder can be reached through the roof.
The roof of the vehicle body holds up to 4 hooks that you see when you look into the interior of the vehicle through the open door. On the photo below, you will see four tabs in the roof and the corresponding holes in a box car. As usual, you need a little taste and feel the hooks, and the roof come down to us. Note: Do not move the roof to front or rear of the car.

After removing the roof, it appears that the socket is located on the floor of the wagon, and instead we have a cap analog in the nest two wires - they take out.
Image blue = NEM socket, red = jumpers
In my case the upper wire was taken as a gray wall and I was not able remove it without further disassembling the car.

The wagon body goes down easier than the roof. Is mounted on four catches. Just a finger through the hole, press boxes at the bottom of the wall on the outside and latches let go and the body goes down easily.
Image Image
We now have convenient access to the socket of the decoder. Take out the two jumper wire and put the decoder. You can use any normal mini-decoder, but less expensive are decoders only for lighting.
You will not find a pin "1" designation, by trial and error I described the correct position of the decoder:
Image Image

And finally, check whether the lights work properly:
Image Image Image
On the last photo, of course, the lights are turned off. :smile:

500996: (July 2010):
Image Image Image Image

:arrow: Comments
Maybe because I personally don't like those four-axle short passenger cars (Reko wagen), and perhaps you will be confirmed by my opinion, I think that is the worst car to the set. From the first track to bring the car is behaving strangely - it may just be my copy, or perhaps the construction problems:
- firstly, the wagon has a very high rolling resistance, as BTTB on plastic wheels,
- secondly, very poorly supplied with electricity for front lighting, driving lights go out or blink, and if we have a decoder mounted, there is red-white disco, the 500796 wagon behaves smoothly,
- third, constantly decomposes, rigid couplings are needed.

Another problem:
after you install decoders in both external cars, it appears that both up lights in white or red (in the analogue didn't check)!
It should be one of the decoders set to light up "backwards".

Hmmm. Well, we have now Hilfzug composition, which correctly changes the light white / red with the direction of travel. Attach the locomotive and ... Oupss!
Image Image Image Image
Can someone explain to me what is the meaning of such mutual illumination? Do I need to put loco to the center of a Hilfzug composition?
:silent:

:arrow: Summary:
Very interesting, collectable, composition for fans of DDR climates. Two brand-new cars designed and one converted Reko.

Few more pics at the end:
Image Image Image Image

There are two articles (PDF, 3,2 MB) in 7/2010 of TT-Kurier (p. 4-9) on this topic (German, nice photos).

:arrow: More:
- Hilfszug, Tillig TT-Club at ForumTT.pl (in Polish),
- 500795, 500796 and 500996
ArturSch

Re: Tillig's Standard-hilfszug, Item 500795, 500796 and 5009

Postby BTTB Fan » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:56 pm

Very nice descriptions, thanks! Some smarter people than me (CSD?) might be able to make some suggestions on turning off the lights between the car and locomotive.
Alexei
BTTB Fan

Postby CSD » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:16 pm

^^^ You would require a decoder with 4 function outputs for separate control on the head and tail lights. The typical set up of these cars and locomotives has the head light wired on to the same circuit with its corresponding tail light. With the six pin socket and decoder it is not possible to make the change. A little soldering and the afore mentioned 4 function decoder is needed. Without knowing the actual circuit layout of this model I'm afraid I can't offer more insight.
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:38 pm

As for the dimming lights, is there a capacitor present?
My website: http://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby ArturSch » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:33 am

BTTB Fan wrote:Some smarter people than me (CSD?) might be able to make some suggestions on turning off the lights between the car and locomotive.
I know, that it IS POSSIBLE soldered connections in order to allow, with an extra command (Fn), to turn on/off the lights.
But, it probably the PRODUCER should have anticipated unusual situation and include it in the project, right?
The same situation occurs when driving maneuver (usually F4 or F6), when it should light up only one light, electrical circuit of such a system is very simple (here with the ZIMO decoder):
where "P" means Front, so PL = Front Left, PP = Front Right, PS = Front Middle, PPC = Front Right Red and PLC = Front Left Red,
"T" means Rear, so TL = Rear Left, TP = Rear Right, TS = Rear Middle, TPC = Rear Right Red and TLC = Rear Left Red.
With F0 - normal ride, F1 - driving maneuver (it can be changed to F4/F6), F2 = turn on/off the red back lights.

Please forgive me for Off Topic.
ArturSch

Postby Christtking » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:49 am

Maybe I am wrong about this. I thought this train or these cars was/were supposed to be pushed by the loco to the place of the accident to keep the loco out of the way for easy access during the clean up process (safety purposes?). The freight car has a modified end turned into a kind of cab with control board (dashboard).The train can be run both ways (push/pull operations). Someone please clarify this.
Christtking

Postby Christtking » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:57 pm

19880921-882035-13-DR-Hilfszug.jpg
Photo of real life prototype of the DR era of this type of rescue train. Not related to my above comment!
Christtking

Postby Christtking » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:28 pm

Tillig's new set (2014)in DBAG, era 5 (or V) version, new traffic red/basalt gray/black chassis, article number 01626, same car arrangement (classification) as the above versions.
TILLIG01626_Set.jpg
All cars are sold as a complete part of this set only, not available separately. Manufacturer's (TILLIG) suggested retail price is listed as Euro 172.50. In US shops the price listed sold as new 185-195 US$. Bought mine on sale for 189$.
Christtking

Postby LVG1 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:36 pm

Christtking wrote:Maybe I am wrong about this. I thought this train or these cars was/were supposed to be pushed by the loco to the place of the accident to keep the loco out of the way for easy access during the clean up process (safety purposes?). The freight car has a modified end turned into a kind of cab with control board (dashboard).The train can be run both ways (push/pull operations). Someone please clarify this.

It's the first and only standardized type of breakdown trains of DR. Former breakdown trains usually consisted of MOW cars and individually altered freight cars, respectively.
It consists of altered 4-axle Reko cars and newly built special cars based on a type of regular boxcars which were parallelly made that time. It's a fix consist of three cars which are only separated for repairs. So it wouldn't be senseful to sell models of these cars separately.
The consist has cabins and headlights on both ends. But I'm not sure if these cabins are real engineer's cabs. I'ld rather think that they are only switchman's cabins which are equipped with brake valves and train radio for communication with the engineer on the locomotive.
So they only operate in push mode between the last opportunity to move the locomotive to the other end and the site of operation. Otherwise, they are pulled.
"Let's eat, grandpa."
Punctuation marks save lives!
LVG1

Postby Christtking » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:28 pm

@LVG1: Thank you again! :thumbup:
Christtking

Next

Return to Tillig TT Scale Models