Tillig's history

Tillig's history

Postby ConducTTor » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:43 pm

Does anyone know what Tillig did before they bought (?) BTTB? How long were they around?
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the ruling class know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Re: Tillig's history

Postby anotherTTnut » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:30 pm

This is what I found on Wikipedia and that`a about it unless you want to know what the previous owner Juergen Tillig has done before he bought the company. By the way Juergen Tillig stepped down as the CEO at the beginning of 2010 (I would have to double check on the excat date if you want to know) for health reasonsand has been replaced with Guenter Kopp, eveything else remains the same except that it appears that they now come up with more new models in a shorter time frame....

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to: navigation, search

The Tillig TT Bahn LogoTillig (TILLIG Modellbahnen GmbH & Co. KG) is a German model railroad manufacturing company based in Sebnitz, Saxony. Tillig is the largest manufacturer of TT scale model railroad products in the world. Previously known as Zeuke (founded in 1949 by Werner Zeuke together with Helmut Wegwerth) and then as VEB Berliner TT-Bahnen (after the company was nationalized in 1972), the company was renamed Tillig in 1993 when, in bankruptcy, the company was purchased by Jurgen Tillig.

Tillig produce models in TT, H0 and HOe, as well as a range of track in TT, H0, HOm and HOe. As the world leader in TT scale manufacturing, Tillig produces both standard TT scale model railroad track and an integrated roadbed track using known as Bedding Track. Tilling's Bedding Track uses Kato's Unijoiner system.

Tillig also distributes various other manufacturers products, such as Luna H0 and H0m tram track, Sachsenmodelle, and Czech outline models of CS Train.

Hope that answers your question.
anotherTTnut

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:05 pm

Thanks fellow 'nut and welcome to the site! So I guess BTTB (Zeuke) truly lives on - just a name change. Cool.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Arseny » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:23 am

http://12mm.ru/viewcard.php?id=62!61!73!65!2f!61!72!74!69!63!6c!65!73!2f!61!72!74!39!2f

Yes, Tillig is the same BTTB/Zeuke, just de-nationalized and bought twice (?)

In 1990 Werner Zeuke returned to BTTB, the company was de-nationalized and renamed to BTTB-Zeuke.
But in 1991 he leaved the company.
Later, in 1993, BTTB-Zeuke bankrupted and Hans-Juergen Tillig bought it.
Arseny

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:05 am

Good link ^^^^^ 12mm.ru has SO much stuff in it that haven't found it all yet :)
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby gabbysuz » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:11 pm

ConducTTor wrote:Does anyone know what Tillig did before they bought (?) BTTB? How long were they around?

If I get this right, Hans Tillig before he purchased BTTB, produced the "Pilz" range of track, really high quality track
in HO that is now known as the HO elite range from Tillig, and also the model track range in TT. I believe it was in the
late 80's early 90's that he did this, before the purchase of BTTB and the rest is history !
gabbysuz

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:26 pm

Aha......that explains why the BTTB US "T set" has Pilz rail in it.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion