Tillig TT points

Tillig TT points

Postby Surovi » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:43 am

Hi!
I will avoid EW1.
IBW should also be avoided, right?
What about ABW? I can`t see are they produced like EW1 and IBW or like EW2 and EW3.

Thanks!
Surovi

Re: Tillig TT points

Postby Juup » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:45 pm

Surovi wrote:Hi!
I will avoid EW1.
IBW should also be avoided, right?
What about ABW? I can`t see are they produced like EW1 and IBW or like EW2 and EW3.

Thanks!
I have used a few ABWs ... the 12 degree versions. Their construction is identical to EW3 ... except they turn 6 degrees each way rather than 12 degrees one way. I think there are 15 degree ABWs as well but don't have any so cannot comment. Juup

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Juup

Postby Surovi » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:15 pm

Thanks Juup :thumbup:
Surovi

Postby Surovi » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:18 pm

One more Q :grin:

Is it possible to drive a train through the ABW 12 without a motor, in just one way as a part of the circle?
Surovi

Postby Juup » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:18 pm

Surovi wrote:One more Q :grin:

Is it possible to drive a train through the ABW 12 without a motor, in just one way as a part of the circle?
I think I understand your question ... it is part of a return loop, right? And you want to avoid having a point motor ... If I understand you right, my answer is 'no' ... lighter weight cars would derail. I would install a point motor :)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Juup

Postby dileTTante » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:25 am

Surovi wrote:Is it possible to drive a train through the ABW 12 without a motor, in just one way as a part of the circle?
Even without derailments, your locomotive going through is likely to stop because the loose points won't have electrical contact with the other rails.

- Terry C
dileTTante

Postby j p » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:33 am

dileTTante wrote:
Surovi wrote:Is it possible to drive a train through the ABW 12 without a motor, in just one way as a part of the circle?
Even without derailments, your locomotive going through is likely to stop because the loose points won't have electrical contact with the other rails.

- Terry C

It depends on how you connect the turnout. The points can have electrical contact always. See the guide: https://www.ttnut.com/tillig-turnout-kits-guide-t1643.html
j p

Postby dileTTante » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:00 am

Yes, you are right. I was thinking that if the points were wired to power, they would need a polarity reversal switch, but I was mistaken when imagining the turnout.

Surovi mentions trains going through the turnout only one way as part of a circle. Or is it a loop?

In a loop the departure rails from the frog would need polarity switched, and that could be done with the electronic reverser in the loop.

In Tillig turnouts the points are naturally sprung so that they are centered and neither one touches the outside rail. If the turnout is in a loop trains could not enter the loop without the points being controlled.

But perhaps I am still mistaken about it.

-Terry C
dileTTante

Postby Surovi » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:27 am

Thanks all!
Yes, it is part of a return loop.
Surovi

Return to Layouts / Track Plans