Tillig open weekend 8/9 June

Tillig open weekend 8/9 June

Postby Rich B » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:17 am

I was wondering whether any TTnutters were planning to attend the above. I'm in Dresden for a course on the two weeks surrounding that weekend, so I can't really pass up the chance. Tillig's publicity (http://www.tillig.com/deutsch/tt-club/Ca3-12.pdf) gives very little information about what to expect, eg what trade will be there or even what the general format is. If anyone has been before, I'd love to know a little more.

Cheers
Rich B

Re: Tillig open weekend 8/9 June

Postby MacG » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:22 pm

I was the last years there and I have planned it for this. You can go through the factory, there is a special sale with parts and parts with failures. You can visit the museum and you can buy at Tillig-Shop. In one room were some presentations/talks about digital railroad, history of model railroading in TT, the future of Tillig and some more. The Modellbahnshop-Sebnitz was opened and has also a special sale area. In 2011 there was the last Tillig-Club-Meeting and there was some exhibition at two locations (city hall and sport hall). We must wait for more infomations about this year.

My english is not the best, but you can sign in to report me, if you're in Dresden.
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:
MacG

Postby Rich B » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:14 pm

Thanks MacG. Was Modelbahnshop-Sebnitz open on the Sunday? I'll probably have an option for a guided day out on Saturday the 8th, so was thinking the Tillig open day would fill an otherwise boring Sunday.
Rich B

Postby MacG » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:40 pm

I think so, but I was always on saturday there. The Modellbahn-Galerie is open. It isn't so big like Modellbahnshop-Shop, but it has also article, which are not from Tillig (like Auhagen, Busch, Preiser). There are a few days less until the weekend, there will be more informations.
MacG

Postby MacG » Tue May 21, 2013 1:26 pm

The Modelbahnshop-Sebnitz is also open on Sunday, I've gotten a response to my mail.

There are three places with exhibitions, open from 10:00 to 18:00, at Sunday to 16:00 o'clock.
At the sports hall and the auditorium of the high school (Goethe Gymnasium Sebnitz) and at the railway station of Sebnitz.

I would drive at Sunday to Sebnitz. On Saturday I've a invitation to a party.
MacG

Postby Rich B » Wed May 22, 2013 3:03 pm

I think I'll go on the Sunday, unless the call of the Buckower Kleinbahn becomes too strong. On the 8th I'm planning to go to Falkenberg/Ester, but that's subject to change.
Rich B

Postby Rich B » Thu May 23, 2013 9:30 am

As an aside, I'm in Dresden from 31st May to 15th June, is there anything you'd recommend I visit or do? I think I've been to most of the railway attractions within an hour of the city on previous visits. I would list the tourist attractions I've been to, but as it's the usual suspects it's probably unnecessary. As a local, what would your Dresdner day out be?
Rich B

Postby LVG1 » Thu May 23, 2013 1:08 pm

Rich B wrote:As an aside, I'm in Dresden from 31st May to 15th June, is there anything you'd recommend I visit or do?

Last Monday I was at the light railway club in Lohmen's Herrenleite (close to Pirna's suburb Mockethal). That's something I can really suggest.
http://www.feldbahnmuseum-herrenleite.de/
But I'm afraid, there will be no presentations when you're here. I don't know if you can visit them although.

The club Schwarzbachtalbahn e. V. tries to reactivate parts of an abandoned and ribbed-off narrow-gauge railway near Sebnitz. There were only three tunnels on Saxon narrow-gauge railways. And two of them were on this line. Currently a hiking trail leads through those tunnels.
http://www.schwarzbachbahn.de/index.htm
But unfortunately, there will also be no presentations while you're here. But you can take a hike and look if there is somebody in Lohsdorf who can show you a bit of their vehicles and facilities. The landscape is great and makes this hike recommendable even if your unlucky in Lohsdorf.

There are also activities at the abandoned narrow gauge station in Wilsdruff. Responsible is the club IG Verkehrsgeschichte Wilsdruff e.V. They have an exhibition at the historic loco shed of Wilsdruff station and a restored waiting booth at the former "Wilsdruff Haltepunkt" stop and they plan to rebuild the line between these stations.
http://www.wilsdruffer-schmalspurnetz.de/
But their presentations will also occure before and after you're here, respectively. When I was there, it was also closed. But it was some years ago. May be you can now see some interesting things there even if it's closed. If you have some time and an opportunity to go there, you should try it.

There's a little railway museum at the rests of the former depot Dresden-Altstadt. Two of the formerly four turntables still exist. The museum is in the roundhouse around the turntable next to the "Nossen Bridge" (bus-stop "Zwickauer Straße" bus number 61).
http://www.igbwdresden-altstadt.de/
While you're here, they will be open on June 1st from 10 to 4 o'clock and on June 15th ("Children's Treat") from 10 to 5 o'clock.

The streetcar museum is also very interesting. (bus-stop "Betriebshof Trachenberge" buses numbers 64, 70 and 76; tram-stop "Trachenberger Platz" is also not far away—tram number 3)
http://www.strassenbahnmuseum-dresden.de/
They will be open on June 1st from 10 to 4 o'clock. Guided tours once per hour—last tour starts at 3 o'clock.

Otherwise, only the usual tourist attractions come into my mind:
"Let's eat, grandpa."
Punctuation marks save lives!
LVG1

Postby Rich B » Fri May 24, 2013 3:39 am

Thanks for that, of the main list there I've only been to Bw Altstadt. Luckily it coincided with a time that they had a Ferkeltaxe running up to the Verkehrsmuseum depot. I've ridden the Lößnitzgrundbahn a couple of times, but not the Weißeritztalbahn- I had been waiting for it to be fully reopened, but that's looking less and less likely so I think this trip I'll get it in the book- I've heard there's consideration being given to a large reduction in steam services on the SDG lines.

Other than railway attractions, I'm already dieting ready to have a Pichelhaxe at Waldschlösschen!
Rich B

Postby LVG1 » Fri May 24, 2013 9:57 am

Rich B wrote:...at Waldschlösschen!

So you want to see the new bridge that set Dresden back of its World Heritage Site degree.
"Let's eat, grandpa."
Punctuation marks save lives!
LVG1

Next

Return to General Discussion