Tillig nohab

Tillig nohab

Postby richardedmonds » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:11 pm

Anybody happen to know the wheelbase of the Tillig Nohab
richardedmonds

Re: Tillig nohab

Postby scaro » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:02 am

may be a guess, but i think it is going to be the same as the BTTB 'BR130' i have. this appears to have been considerably shortened and just stuck on BTTB's nohab chassis.

my BTTB 'BR130' trucks are 16.7mm + 16.7mm and distance between mid axle centres is 85.5mm, these dimensions are totally wrong for a BR130 but exactly correct for the australian ML2s that the nohab is based on; my guess that is what the nohab is going to have.

you may need to seek confirmation though. but from the TT Board database this guess looks right, check class 270 dimensions:

http://www.tt-board.de/forum/showthread.php?t=11544

ben
scaro

Postby scaro » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:58 am

Does anyone have a good link to any reputable dealer selling Tillig NOHABs at a reasonable price? Can be secondhand.

Cheers,

Ben
scaro

Postby Christtking » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:50 am

Try Michas Bahnhof in Berlin, a lot of second hand products (mostly new, barely used). Or Mierensdorfplatz, sometimes they get used TT items, varies every week. Modellbahn Puerner just had some brand new ones this year for 89 Euro, check it out just in case!
Christtking

Postby Christtking » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:11 am

I just checked Puerner, no more HOHABs, sorry!
Christtking

Postby j p » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:33 pm

j p

Postby Christtking » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:38 pm

Let me get this straight! It's not my business, but just asking. Do you need the entire model for a special project (retro fit other models)? It might be cheaper to purchase only the spare parts that you really need, unless you need the entire model to retrofit a bunch of other models.
Christtking

Postby j p » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:24 pm

Christtking wrote:Let me get this straight! It's not my business, but just asking. Do you need the entire model for a special project (retro fit other models)? It might be cheaper to purchase only the spare parts that you really need, unless you need the entire model to retrofit a bunch of other models.

No, assembling the model out of spare parts is much more expensive than a new model. So if you need only the chassis, it is much cheaper to buy a 2nd hand model. It was cheaper to buy new BR218s start version as chassis donors for Alco FA/B.
j p

Postby Christtking » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:59 pm

So we both are correct! For me it is cheaper to buy only the spare parts that I need, instead of buying the entire model (use only what I need and then with the rest I don't have another use for the remaining parts). :thumbup: :lol:
Christtking

Postby scaro » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:07 pm

JP's correct, in my experience. spare parts do not come cheap.

In this case, I need both the shell and the mechanism. I like Baldwin cab units and even arranged to get a CNJ DR4-4-15 3-D printed in TT but it turns out to be a bit of a dog, or at least, I don't think it's great, anyway. The cab looks bunched up and the area around the windows is wrong. I do not think it is really able to be fixed.

It strikes me that a Baldwin cab could be more easily made out of a NOHAB, and the trucks are right for the 13'3" wheelbase Commonwealth trucks of the rare DR6-4-15, a passenger model only rostered by NYC and SAL. The chassis would need shortening however, by about 3' between truck centres, provided the Tillig NOHAB wheelbase is correct. (which is something I don't know).

Regards

Ben
Last edited by scaro on Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scaro

Next

Return to General Discussion