Tillig logic...?

Tillig logic...?

Postby Marquette » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:59 pm

I just got one each of Tillig's JŽ coaches, Aeelmt 1st class and Beelmt 2nd class in grey/blue livery. They are very nice, and I'm happy to see some ex-Yugoslavian equipment, but I don't understand Tillig's rationale for making these models.

Cars in this livery were operated only by JŽ's Ljubljana and Zagreb divisions, meaning they ran in JŽ lettering for only a couple of years before Slovenia and Croatia declared independence and the cars were relettered for SŽ and HŽ.

So why make them in JŽ marks instead of Slovenian and Croatian, which ran far and wide for many years?
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Re: Tillig logic...?

Postby j p » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:50 pm

Marquette wrote:I just got one each of Tillig's JŽ coaches, Aeelmt 1st class and Beelmt 2nd class in grey/blue livery. They are very nice, and I'm happy to see some ex-Yugoslavian equipment, but I don't understand Tillig's rationale for making these models.

Cars in this livery were operated only by JŽ's Ljubljana and Zagreb divisions, meaning they ran in JŽ lettering for only a couple of years before Slovenia and Croatia declared independence and the cars were relettered for SŽ and HŽ.

So why make them in JŽ marks instead of Slovenian and Croatian, which ran far and wide for many years?

Be happy that the cars actually ran in that scheme. Tillig makes also many "alternative reality models" without any real prototypes. It may be a tradition from Zeuke and BTTB times. Some of the Zeuke and BTTB errors were not fixed even when making new Tillig drive and new molds for Tillig's re-release.
j p

Re: Tillig logic...?

Postby Marquette » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:05 pm

Oh, I'm not complaining too much because they'll be really easy to reletter (I just need to get someone to print me some HŽ logos as decals), and they do look really good... I'm just struggling to understand their thinking. But if it's as you say, I'll likely give up on that. :P
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Return to General Discussion