Tillig flooded

Tillig flooded

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:30 pm

I can not give you a source but there was apparently a flood in Sebnitz where Tillig is located. They are racing against time to save over 500 molds. The financial situation due to this appears to be questionable. If anyone has more info, please share.

Actually I just found a small snippet (just a few sentences - the rest requires a subscription). Search for Tillig on this page (and you need a translator) http://www.sz-online.de/freizeit/news.asp?ausgabe=316
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the ruling class know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Re: Tillig flooded

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:41 pm

The following text I found here (translation by Google): http://www.boards-4you.de/wbb13/60/thre ... 50a18fcaa6

"In the Saxon newspaper, local news Sebnitz from 14:08:10 to read as follows:

Currently not much is the world's largest manufacturer of model railways in the TT gauge. Since the runaway of bounds Sebnitzbach operation on August 7th met with full force, resting large parts of the production. The water destroyed the premises of the design department, washed cobblestones from the courtyard, one meter high above the stock stood in tooling and injection molding. "Tillig is probably the most intensely affected farm in Sebnitz," said CEO Günter Kopp.

The Company is now a race against time begins. About 600 molds were in the water, they urgently need to be cleaned and preserved in oil, but only stay about 14 days. "The forms are our capital," says Kopp. If the glue to help late, together consisting of several parts of metal molds, the rust eats into the material and makes it unusable. Most of the staff is currently busy to open the forms, to clean and dry. Help while friendly company, the work can not be done otherwise.

In general, the willingness to help is huge. Already on the flood-day staff were at the door to help clean up. Others phoned from vacation and stopped them, to come to the rescue.

Huge load

But despite the strong commitment the company also needs financial support. The site Sebnitz should stay, if only because of the approximately 130 employees, production is scheduled to start again, possibly quite soon, because in September with the Christmas season is announcing the strongest sales period begins for the model train industry. "Only if we sell something, we remain liquid," says Kopp.

But to tackle on the reconstruction on its own is difficult for the company. "We do not do it alone, we need to ensure a financial basis," says the CEO. Still can not quantify the damage, but it will be great. A bankruptcy is not threatening, but the reconstruction is a huge burden on the future of the company. "We must provide compensation for the losses," says Kopp. On the part of the policy is not to expect much, because of the proximity of the organization to Sebnitz were neither buildings nor machinery insured against flood damage."
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:46 pm

Ok, a bit more (story is over - things will go back to normal) from http://www.bahnaktuell.net/BA2/wordpress/?p=42140

"Statement of the Executive

Sebnitz, 08/12/2010 (BA)
On 7.8. 2010, the state of Saxony was hit by heavy rains. Through the resulting floods caused heavy damage. Of which is also the location of the production model trains TILLIG GmbH & Co. KG in Sebnitz massively affected.

After cleaning up the last few days, we expect that our operations will normalize shortly. The affected areas of the company are made in the next few weeks. In the meantime, there are already alternatives that will ensure that the production company will be operational in its capacity for the most part. However, it might come in the form of news delivery delays, so that one or the other model is perhaps a few weeks delay in delivery.

Sales and customer service are not affected, and are available to you.

Also on the TT Club meeting in Leuna (4 & 5.9. 2010), the event will have no effect.

For any problems in the next few weeks, or delays, we ask you for your understanding."
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby anotherTTnut » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:16 pm

To give everybody an idea on how bad it was and still is, here is a link for some pictures of our most important TT model source in Sebnitz: http://www.modellbahnshop-sebnitz.eu/mo ... l&shopid=1

It was bad :thumbdown:
anotherTTnut

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:30 pm

Damn......the best news is that they were able to save the molds. Without those, no Tillig. Without Tillig (as much as they annoy me sometimes), TT is in a very bad situation.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby gabbysuz » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:07 pm

ConducTTor wrote:Damn......the best news is that they were able to save the molds. Without those, no Tillig. Without Tillig (as much as they annoy me sometimes), TT is in a very bad situation.

Wow, what a flood, very bad indeed. :thumbdown: Can't even imagine that amount of water coming towards my city, must
be terrifying. TT would be in a very bad situation without Tillig, Tillig was TT, and TT was/is Tillig. I only know If it wasn't for Tillig, Gold Coast and its products would not exist, and I'd be modeling in another scale I dare not mention.
gabbysuz

Postby Arseny » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:31 am

Here you can read an article about flood and Tillig in August.
It is a translation to Russian from German:

http://www.modellmix.info/phorum/read.php?f=2&i=110499&t=105282#reply_110499
Arseny

Return to General Discussion