Tillig Diesellok M62, Item 02572

Tillig Diesellok M62, Item 02572

Postby sman » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:35 am

Diesel locomotive in Rail Poland colors. Ep. V.
Length 147 mm.
Three-pole motor with flywheel drive on four axles.
Four traction bands.
3 lights front and rear.
DCC NEM651 (6 pin)

This is my first loco so I'm not in a position to really tell how good quality it is. My only reference is a more toy style HO loco I got when I was a kid. Compared to that, this is fantastic. Great design, thing comes apart so easily, (I suspect all Tillig models are similar) pull out the bumpers and the body comes off, then a pin for the wheels and then simple clips to get to the electrics. Plastic clips look very fragile though. Overall really pleased with it. I don't think they produce these any more. I will add some more photos when I pull it apart to install the decoder.

Henryk
sman

Re: Tillig Diesellok M62, Item 02572

Postby Dibbedabb » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:48 pm

Hi Henryk,

If you plan to buy other models of this prototype (M62), look for the Roco model, because the Tillig model is really old and outdated, technically and optically wise.
Dibbedabb

Postby TiTan downunder » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:07 pm

Henryk,

The Tillig model of the M-62 has a totally different chassis to most of their other loco's. I have both the Tillig and Roco models of the M-62. Whilst the Roco is the better looking unit the Tillig is the better performer. Long term performance - 8 hours running at exhibitions - 3 days straight over long weekend the Tillig outlasted the Roco. By end day 2, the Roco was having pick-up problems but, the Tillig just kept running. They were running on the same track, one with passenger set, the other with freight wagons, being alternated after every 10 minutes or so while the other sat in the hidden loop out back.

We will have to catch up sometime, it's only a 6 hour drive.

Ian
TiTan downunder

Postby Dibbedabb » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:20 am

Ok, I have to admit, I don't judge locos by exhibition performance. But, of course, this is another issue.

I don't know how strict you are about locomotive usage and the prototype. At least the Reichsbahn V200 version of the M62 was a very rare sight with passenger trains, because they didn't have heating and lighting equipment.

TiTan downunder wrote:We will have to catch up sometime, it's only a 6 hour drive.

That's the difference between Australia and Germany. You say, it's only a 6 hour drive. I would say, this is really far... :wink:
Dibbedabb

Postby sman » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:35 am

That's really interesting, never thought about endurance aspect, but good to know for when I hit the show circuit

TiTan downunder wrote:We will have to catch up sometime, it's only a 6 hour drive.

Absolutely!

Cheers,
H
Henryk
sman

Postby TiTan downunder » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:20 pm

> I don't know how strict you are about locomotive usage and the prototype. At least the Reichsbahn V200 version of the M62 was a very rare sight with passenger trains, because they didn't have heating and lighting equipment <

Mine are same as Henryk's, in Polish colours. Tillig is in Rail Polska and Roco is in PKP green. The only DVD's I have of DR V200's always show them on freight trains.
TiTan downunder

Postby sman » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:33 pm

Dibbedabb wrote:I don't know how strict you are about locomotive usage and the prototype. At least the Reichsbahn V200 version of the M62 was a very rare sight with passenger trains, because they didn't have heating and lighting equipment.

Yeah, from the photos I've seen, this Rail Polska version of this loco is for freight. Not sure how strict I'll be on loco use. For now probably not so strict as I'm starting out and have very little stock to play with. Perhaps as I build the fleet I will be able to fit each loco to its purpose.

Thanks,
H
Henryk
sman

Return to Tillig TT Scale Models