Tillig CSD T435, Art. Nr. 04621

Tillig CSD T435, Art. Nr. 04621

Postby CSD » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:53 pm

This is a model of the T435.0 built by CKD.

The models appearance and function is flawless. Many separate details are provided as well as an obstruction free cab and look through roof vent.

Lighting reverses with direction and features lighted number boards.

It was advertised as coming with american style truck side frames, but was released with standard Czech ones.

The digital connection is with a 12 pin connector, however; standard 6 pin will work. The plug was installed in such a way that an angled or wiring harness equipped decoder is required.
P2280013.jpg
P2280012.jpg
P2280014.jpg
P2280015.jpg
P2280016.jpg
Mark
//S
CSD

Re: Tillig CSD T435, Art. Nr. 04621

Postby CSD » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:54 pm

P2280018.jpg
P2280019.jpg
P2280020.jpg
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby CSD » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:43 pm

In doing some research on this locomotive I came across what may be considered a major error in the paint scheme. The versions of this locomotive that were produced with the Pennsylvania style side frames came in the blue colour above, however; when the production switched to the Czech standard truck the locomotives were delivered in green. Perhaps this glitch occurred when Tillig changed their minds about the side frames or when they decided to switch from the planned red with yellow stripe to blue. Still a very good model anyway.
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby Marquette » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:54 pm

Buggers. I really wanted them to do the American sideframes. :(
http://espeett.blogspot.com - The SP in 1:120 - my attempt at a blog
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:29 am

Seriously. The side frame non-correctness is retarded. It's really put a damper on my want for this model given the price.
My website: http://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby j p » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:57 am

ConducTTor wrote:Seriously. The side frame non-correctness is retarded. It's really put a damper on my want for this model given the price.

The above information is not quite correct.
CKD made them in blue also with their CKD trucks, but Tillig did not investigate this particular prototype unit enough. So the only thing wrong with the blue one is the number.

Anyway, could you please make the topics more general? I would prefer all T435s in one topic and not in 10 different according to all different paint schemes and numbers.

Here are my two T435s:

First one is Epoch V-VI, in museum paint scheme. It can be used for Ep. IV with some tolerance. It was delivered with CKD side frames, but (correct) Pennsylvanian side frames were included as spare parts. Tillig number 500971.

T435CSDred.jpg

T4335red2.jpg

The second one is made out of a limited edition kit.
I have taken a picture how it looked unassembled, but I cannot find it now. It will come later.

T435CSD.jpg
j p

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:22 pm

j p wrote:Anyway, could you please make the topics more general? I would prefer all T435s in one topic and not in 10 different according to all different paint schemes and numbers.

That's up to whoever starts the topic. When I first started doing this, I was doing it by specific model numbers but in retrospect maybe it should have been more broad.
My website: http://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Christtking » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:59 pm

Very nice photos, indeed!
I have a question for the experts: Does anybody know if V 70 and BR 107 are (were) painted in the same red colour scheme (real life). I found a lot of web site showing these locos, but it is hard to identify the two tones. I saw photos of V70's being a dark red and BR 107 being a lighter shade of red and vice-versa. Also (hard to decide which was which) seen photos of BR 107's with both types of numbers on them.
Regarding the CSD T435 version, I've seen photos at least 5 different versions of the same loco (maybe they were preseved museum locos). Maybe were more than that out there. I've read an article about former CSD locomotives, that was describing (explaning) why the former Czechoslovakian State Railways had so many paint schemes on their locos. Each class was painted different according to the depot it was located. I apologise in advance if I am explaining this the wrong way. I know there are so many experts out there that know more true facts about this kind of things. Please let us know, educate us! That's why we joined this forum!
Christtking

Postby j p » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:20 am

Christtking wrote:Very nice photos, indeed!
I have a question for the experts: Does anybody know if V 70 and BR 107 are (were) painted in the same red colour scheme (real life). I found a lot of web site showing these locos, but it is hard to identify the two tones. I saw photos of V70's being a dark red and BR 107 being a lighter shade of red and vice-versa. Also (hard to decide which was which) seen photos of BR 107's with both types of numbers on them.
Regarding the CSD T435 version, I've seen photos at least 5 different versions of the same loco (maybe they were preseved museum locos). Maybe were more than that out there. I've read an article about former CSD locomotives, that was describing (explaning) why the former Czechoslovakian State Railways had so many paint schemes on their locos. Each class was painted different according to the depot it was located. I apologise in advance if I am explaining this the wrong way. I know there are so many experts out there that know more true facts about this kind of things. Please let us know, educate us! That's why we joined this forum!

The various CSD paint schemes come from different periods.
The blue and green were factory paint schemes - as delivered to CSD.
Then standardization came and the locomotives were painted in standard schemes. Diesels in red, all of them, not only T435.
They did not repaint if not needed, so there was some overlap. New locomotives were also delivered in the standard paint scheme.
Then a safety orange stripe was added to the ends.
Then the stripe color was change to yellow because of some poison in the orange paint.
Then a new standard color scheme was introduced - red (for diesels) with a large yellow stripe on the whole locomotive. This further reduced the number of colors in the schemes - but it looked ugly on some locos, especially on the old electrics.
The paint schemes became chaotic after 1990, nobody enforced any standard paint scheme anymore. Each depot could make (order) their own paint scheme. Some depots got painted their locos and EMUs in the old factory paint schemes. Those looked often the best because the factories tried to match the paint with the shape of the locomotive. Some depots had a different paint scheme on each of their locos. :crazy:

Regarding V75: The standards for color tones were not so strict. CKD used the red tone which was specified by DR. But it was a paint made in Czechoslovakia. After some time, those locos needed a new paint and DR's shops used DDR paint, the paint they had available. The tone was not the same. The UV-stability of the paint was not perfect either, the color tone would change with time.
Same happened to passenger cars made in DDR for CSD. They were delivered in DR-green and got CSD-green when repainted. (you can even find BTTB models in both colors, both are correct)
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
j p

Postby LVG1 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:56 pm

Christtking wrote:Does anybody know if V 70 and BR 107 are (were) painted in the same red colour scheme (real life). I found a lot of web site showing these locos, but it is hard to identify the two tones. I saw photos of V70's being a dark red and BR 107 being a lighter shade of red and vice-versa.

Series 107's initial name was V75.
V70 never existed—neither at DR nor at DB.

V75 was inteded to have the same color tones during its whole time of service at DR. It's the same color tones like most other diesel and later also electric locomotives at DR.
The variations of color tones due to different manufacturers of the paint are rather minor.
More distinctive is the influence of aging. The red color tends to become pale while the ivory color tends to become more yellowish when aging. But that also depends on environmental conditions (parked in loco sheds or outdoors, maintenance, air pollution etc.).
If you want to identify the color tone with the help of photographs, you'll have problems which make the ones mentioned before negligible. On photos the same color can look very different depending on lighting conditions, photographic materials and their individual characteristics of aging, computerized post-production of the images and—not to forget—optical illusions. Colors appear to be different depending on their surroundings.

Christtking wrote:Also (hard to decide which was which) seen photos of BR 107's with both types of numbers on them.

The numbers at the upper front ends of the hood's sides (I think, they were illuminated, but I'm not sure) are absolutely atypical for Europe. I don't know why ČKD decided to install them. I guess, they wanted to attract non-European customers that way.
However, they were not included by the lettering standards of DR. So I guess, they were initially ignored when the locomotives got their new numbers in 1970. I don't know if these numbers on the hoods were changed at all. But if so, they were probably changed later.
"Let's eat, grandpa."
Punctuation marks save lives!
LVG1

Next

Return to Tillig TT Scale Models