Tillig Couplers

Tillig Couplers

Postby AstroGoat760 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:48 am

I have a few questions regarding the new Tillig Couplers:

Do they work with the older Tillig/BTTB couplers?

Are they installed the same way as the older Tillig/BTTB couplers?

Do they work with the same un-couplers as the older Tillig/BTTB couplers?

I am getting about fed up with the train (base level BTTB electric profile and passenger cars) separating almost every time that I run it "at speed" and it goes over the crossover, and I am looking into replacing the old "hoop" couplers.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Re: Tillig Couplers

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:59 am

AngrySailor302 wrote:I have a few questions regarding the new Tillig Couplers:

No.

AngrySailor302 wrote:Are they installed the same way as the older Tillig/BTTB couplers?

Yes and no. They install differently but you can buy versions made specifically for BTTB / Zeuke - see here (not in stock but I'm sure you can order them): http://www.eurotrainhobby.com/product_i ... ts_id/4593

AngrySailor302 wrote:Do they work with the same un-couplers as the older Tillig/BTTB couplers?

Yes.

AngrySailor302 wrote:I am getting about fed up with the train (base level BTTB electric profile and passenger cars) separating almost every time that I run it "at speed" and it goes over the crossover, and I am looking into replacing the old "hoop" couplers.

I hate that. A lot.
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby SpurM » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:36 am

...well, there's a coupling-variation available: The new coupling by kuehn-modell is an 'advanced new-Tillig-coupling', you can see it here: http://m.blog.hu/va/vasuttmodell/image/ ... _BR185.jpg Some experiments show that they really keep the waggons together - no matter, how 'undulating' the tracks are laid, or if you try some high-speed-experiments... And they are fully compatible with the new-Tillig-coupling of course.

For older rolling stock (without NEM) there's an adapter available; but I tried it out - and, as Madonna used to say "I liked it - NOT". http://digitalzentrale.de/detail.php?se ... &itemgr=42

:-) SpurM
SpurM

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:32 am

Hmmm, that ^^^^ is the same type of coupler I recommended in my post. Interesting that you don't like it - it's not perfect but definitely better than the BTTB versions in my opinion.
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Arseny » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:08 pm

Hmmm, if I am not mistaken, new Tillig couplers must work with old BTTB couplers...
Arseny

Postby SpurM » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:12 pm

...pardon? :-)

It's the strange 'adapter' that I don't like - it is very difficult to assemble - like origami.... The picture from 'digitalzentrale' shows the Tillig-Coupling inserted into the adapter.
But the Tillig-product isn't locked vertical: A coupling can flip upwards, leaving the remaining waggons.

(GOD, i should improve my english in a crash-course...)

And yes, everything is besser than the BTTB-coupling...
SpurM

Postby CSD » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:14 pm

AngrySailor302 wrote:I have a few questions regarding the new Tillig Couplers...

If you are looking for the direct replacement for the old BTTB style ones the item numbers are 08847 and 08848 (depending on if you want 10 or 50 pcs.). They are installed the same way. You can even modify them to couple closer so that the gap between buffers can be closed somewhat. Attached is a document from Trainmania that shows how. It is in Czech, but if you scroll down there are pictures.
Attachments
27-zkraceni_sprahla_08847_tillig.pdf
(426.02 KiB) Downloaded 305 times
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby BTTB Fan » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:21 pm

CSD wrote:
AngrySailor302 wrote:I have a few questions regarding the new Tillig Couplers...

If you are looking for the direct replacement for the old BTTB style ones the item numbers are 08847 and 08848 (depending on if you want 10 or 50 pcs.). They are installed the same way. You can even modify them to couple closer so that the gap between buffers can be closed somewhat. Attached is a document from Trainmania that shows how. It is in Czech, but if you scroll down there are pictures.

Thanks for the PDF, I liked the "poor man's close-coupler" modification! ;)
Alexei
BTTB Fan

Postby Arseny » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:36 pm

What type of couplers do you mean?
This one must work with BTTB:
Attachments
couple.jpg
Arseny

Postby gabbysuz » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:12 pm

AngrySailor302 wrote:I have a few questions regarding the new Tillig Couplers:

Actaually they do work in a way, they do couple up to the BTTB loop couplers if you raise the one bar across up and let the new coupler drop down inside the
loop, I'd be happy to post a photo of the 2 different ones coupled together. Now its not close coupling, and on occaision they can come apart if on a grade, but
until you convert all your wagons over to the new couplers, you can work the two together, its not easy uncoupling them though.
gabbysuz

Next

Return to Prototypes / Models