Tillig BR221 model 02515

Tillig BR221 model 02515

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:20 pm

Tillig's remake of the V200 / BR221. The body shell appears to be identical to the BTTB version except for the addition of a third light on top of the cab.
The chassis, drive mechanism and trucks are all new to the model. Two wheels have traction tires and electrical pickup is from all wheels.
Wheel distance is 26mm, distance between bogie centers is 96mm.
The lights are directional - 3 forward, none back :(
The model comes with detail parts for attachment and both BTTB and Tillig style couplers.
DCC requires the removal of the chip 'blank' on the circuit board and soldering on the chip.
Drive is Tillig quality although this model is a bit loud.

I've included two pictures with the BTTB model for comparison.

Tillig_BR221_side.jpg

Tillig_BR221_front.jpg

Tillig_BR221_top.jpg

Tillig_BR221_bottom.jpg

Tillig_BR221_detail_1.jpg

Tillig_BR221_new_old_trucks.jpg

Tillig_BR221_new_old_detail.jpg
My website: http://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Re: Tillig BR221 model 02515

Postby Christtking » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:02 am

I came with this idea about the head and marker lights that could be adapted to this model. I do not know if it will work yet, I have not done it yet, but I think it is worth a try. I need to purchase some spare parts from PIKO. Most important I would need the frontal and rear boards from BR 118 (4 or 6 axle models), remove the original light bulbs used by TILLIG (unsolder from the board/ both ends), solder the 3 wires onto the Tillig board. Modify the frame (both ends) inside areas where the new boards will reside. Little work for the lenses on the shell (some fiber optic). We'll see what comes out of it!
Christtking

Return to Tillig TT Scale Models