Tillig BR101 from set 01408.

Tillig BR101 from set 01408.

Postby Rich B » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:50 am

My example of this type comes from set 01408, although carries the running number 101 111-3 rather than the usual 101 004-0. Unlike the regular 101 111-3 (item 02300) it came with new couplings ready installed.

I'm really quite taken with this as a model- it looks the part as far as my eyes can tell, and runs nicely. The colour separation is crisp and the lettering totally legible. The handrails are moulded on and tidily picked out in white where appropriate. The windscreen wipers are just printed on rather than having any moulding, which is a shame. The roof has a nice skirting made from separate parts, in unpainted plastic which matches the painted grey very well. The sandboxes are also a separate part in self-coloured plastic, but you wouldn't notice at a glance. They have to be removed to take the body off the chassis. It's DCC ready by 6 pin plug, but fitting DCC involves snapping off a part of the PCB, so it's irreversible.

The underside is fantastic, with traction motors moulded, the wheels accurate looking, and torsion bars to the bogies from the body. The NEM coupling sockets are on a close coupling mechanism.

Rich B

Re: Tillig BR101 from set 01408.

Postby MacG » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:48 pm

Rich B wrote:... It's DCC ready by 6 pin plug, but fitting DCC involves snapping off a part of the PCB, so it's irreversible.

For there is a plug, a bridge board (PCB). The broken part can also use as bridge board. You must solder six pins onto it. A thankless work.
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:
MacG

Return to Tillig TT Scale Models