Tillig Article no. 1322 (X), reko 2 &/or 3 passenger coach

Tillig Article no. 1322 (X), reko 2 &/or 3 passenger coach

Postby Christtking » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:44 pm

DSCF2894.JPG
Cut out walls to make space for new doors. Paint entire piece with celery or honeydew (KRYLON) color, mask walls &entrances/exits. Spray paint seats only with (VALSPAR) peacock green (new name Hunter green)
DSCF2897.JPG
Hand paint bottom of doors (inside & outside) with ACE brand name spray paint (warm brown color).
DSCF2900.JPG
Fabricate new doors (or windows) from clear plastic .040" thickness, mask & spray paint top & bottom of new doors w. warm brown
DSCF2903.JPG
Bond & install new doors
DSCF2904.JPG
Mask halfway on the thin painted brown side (top of new door) & hand paint with celery color. Raised door frames (8X/ car) (styrene strips), spray painted with warm brown (before installing them)
Last edited by Christtking on Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Christtking

Re: Tillig Article no. 1322 (X), reko 2 &/or 3 passenger coa

Postby Christtking » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:54 pm

Some of us know that these models were manufactured by former Berliner TT Bahnen, so technically these are not Tillig's own work. After Tillig took over the company continued manufacturing them with some here & there improvemets to the coupling system and added new metal wheels and metal clips for better rolling purposes. I decided to play with these models and see what can I do to modify them a bit. The coaches are (were) classified as reconstructed passenger coaches with 2 &/or 3 axles and some were modified for the use of special purposes like propane carriers and the railroad crew that worked on the maintenance of the railways. Some of the alterations I've performed to these cars will apply indeed to the postal and the luggage coaches also. Enjoy!
Last edited by Christtking on Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christtking

Re: Tillig Article no. 1322 (X), reko 2 &/or 3 axle passenge

Postby Christtking » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:29 pm

DSCF2899.JPG
Mask everything and spray paint the bottom with satin black
DSCF2910.JPG
DSCF2911.JPG
Hand paint the inside assembly tabs with celery (KRYLON) color. Add clear plastic film from inside to imitate windows for the end gang ways double folding doors
DSCF2914.JPG
Hand paint the catches or tabs (bottom) with black color paint.
DSCF2917.JPG
Spray paint bottom weight with satin black color
Last edited by Christtking on Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Christtking

Postby Christtking » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:36 pm

Correction on the title. I meant 2 &/ or 3 "axle" passenger coach
Christtking

Postby Christtking » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:13 pm

DSCF2913.JPG
Transfer some red color paint inside holes to imitate marker lights, accentuate the rims with black color Sharpie marker. Use a fine tip marker (005) black color, to imitate the center of the double folding doors rubber fitting
DSCF2915.JPG
Use styrene rods to imitate braking system, bond then hand paint with satin black color paint
DSCF2916.JPG
Cut a thin slice of styrene tube to imitate the dynamo (generator) end (anti-slip device for the belt), bond in place and paint
DSCF2920.JPG
A quick look at the inside view of the seats (before final assembly). Note: Accentuate the windows' rims (rubber fittings), use a Sharpie marker (black color)
DSCF2922.JPG
Last edited by Christtking on Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christtking

Postby Christtking » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:26 pm

DSCF2929.JPG
DSCF2936.JPG
Drill hole in the center of the buffer beam & add prototypical (not functional/ Tillig spare parts bag) hook coupler, 1X each end
DSCF2937.JPG
DSCF2940.JPG
DSCF2933.JPG
Christtking

Postby CN-TT » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:20 pm

Looking very good! :thumbup:
I remember riding these cars to the public pool as a kid!
You gotta do much more than believe if you really wanna change things!

"The GuiTTar Case" Gallery
"The GuiTTar Case" YouTube
CN-TT

Postby Christtking » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:31 pm

Thank you CN-TT! I've never traveled inside those cars. I apologise for using the wrong colors. I've seen some photos posted on Bahnbilder.de. I tried my best to be close enough! My next project will be adding the grab bars on top of the benches (seats) and I will try to adapt the coaches with some inside lighting device, and for the coaches that are used as the last one in the train composition I will have to add another board adapted with LEDs for marker lights. I initially I wanted to paint the floors (vinyl?) brown color, but I gave up because is too much work as it is. After all nobody looks inside that much. They are just models. Another thing can be added on the last coach is air brake hoses. The coupler needs to be removed first in order not to interfere with the air hoses (Tillig accessory pouch with spare parts from other models) to make it look more realistic.
Last edited by Christtking on Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Christtking

Postby CN-TT » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:08 pm

I make my own lights with LED strips. I simply add a rectifier and capacitor and replace 2 LEDs by 2 resistors to reduce the brightness. The LEDs point upwards and the light is reflected by a simple sheet of aluminum foil glued to the roof.

Bjoern
Attachments
PICT0144.JPG
PICT0145.JPG
PICT0146.JPG
You gotta do much more than believe if you really wanna change things!

"The GuiTTar Case" Gallery
"The GuiTTar Case" YouTube
CN-TT

Postby Christtking » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:50 pm

Hey! What do you know! Someone who speaks my language! I like that! and the lights idea too! Pretty ingenious! There is a company here locally that supplies Hobby Town USA with rolls of flexible copper strips with all kinds of LED colors. At the moment they don't have any with yellow one. They have a roll with warm white. Made me think. I better wait for the ones with yellow. I just placed an order yesterday. It's 5$ for a foot (I need only 3 1/2" or 4" per car/ about 7-8 LED total), If I count only the inside area where the seats are, I need only 6 LEDs.
Christtking

Next

Return to Tillig TT Scale Models