Tillig Article no. 1322 (X), reko 2 &/or 3 passenger coach

Re: Tillig Article no. 1322 (X), reko 2 &/or 3 passenger coa

Postby Christtking » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:04 pm

To CN-TT. Thank you for the info. I tried these guys 3-4 years ago and I've got no answer. I really need a big quantity of wheels (all sizes) since I have to replace all my BTTB rolling stock that have plastic wheels, I'm talking about at least 300 (ranges 7.2-8.5 mm).
Christtking

Postby CN-TT » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:58 pm

Give them another try! If you place an order of 300 wheelsets, I bet they are willing to help you immediately. :wink:
The wheelsets (and buffers) are awesome. The old cars get a smooth ride instantaneously.
You gotta do much more than believe if you really wanna change things!

"The GuiTTar Case" Gallery
"The GuiTTar Case" YouTube
CN-TT

Postby j p » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:41 pm

CN-TT wrote:Give them another try! If you place an order of 300 wheelsets, I bet they are willing to help you immediately. :wink:
The wheelsets (and buffers) are awesome. The old cars get a smooth ride instantaneously.

Even better if you replace the bearings too. Brass bearings + new wheels.
j p

Postby Christtking » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:53 pm

To CN-TT & jp: thank you guys! I will have to try them again. I've purchase a few sets of wheels from Modellbahn Puerner before, but buying directly from this guy it seems that they are cheaper. I will try some buffers also and some wheel bearings
Last edited by Christtking on Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christtking

Postby LVG1 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:15 pm

@ christtking:

I know, you don't like my critiques. But there are two remarks, that I have to make.

The white background of the windows at the ends of the car look very strange.
I know that the bars inside the carbody are neccessary to support the hooks holding carbody and chassis together. But they're not prototypical. At the prototype, only the lavatory window is whitened. There's no other window with a wall or something so close behind. A dark non-reflecting color would be a better choice to produce an almost prototypical appearance.

I'm not sure if you're aware of the fact that your car's lettering doesn't match the interior layout. May be, it doesn't bother you. But I think, you should know it at least.
The interior shown matches types Bage (3 axle) and Baage (2 axle), respectively. These types don't have the lable "Für Traglasten".
Types Bagtre (3 axle) and Baagtre (2 axle) contain space for baggage inside. You can attune your interior to these versions by removing four double benches (16 seats). The benches between the second and third and between the sixth and seventh window on either side don't exist at this version's prototypes.
"Let's eat, grandpa."
Punctuation marks save lives!
LVG1

Postby Christtking » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:29 pm

To LVG1: 1st of all I would like to apologise for my behavior towards you last time. I know this is not the page for it.
I totaly agree with you, I admit I make mistakes too. It does kind of look funky. I can explain myself, since I do not have a real (reliable) source where I can get my info from, I tend to make a lot of mistakes. My only source of info is from the INTERNET. I've consulted some photos from Bahnbilder.de web page, unfortunately there are not that many pictures taken related to the inside of different coaches, especialy this one. Another source I consult is railfaneurope.net. I've tried vagonweb.cz, the page is good but lacks a lot of older prototypes, my guess is that they are updating it daily (weekly?) with all sort of things. I find a lot of web sites with many photos, but majority of them show only the exterior. Most or all these types of cars (I'm guessing) don't exist anymore. The best part of East German railway history is gone, but not forgotten!
Christtking

Postby Christtking » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:39 pm

Bagrekowagen.jpg
DRrekowagon3axleinside.jpg
Few photos of the real life prototype found on www.bahnbilder.de
Christtking

Previous

Return to Tillig TT Scale Models