Tillig Article no. 1322 (X), reko 2 &/or 3 passenger coach

Re: Tillig Article no. 1322 (X), reko 2 &/or 3 passenger coa

Postby CN-TT » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:31 pm

I use the warm white because the color gets a bit more yellow with a higher resistor value. And you can change the color to a more yellow when you use golden foil! I take a few more pictures and make a short movie tomorrow.
I use only 4 LEDs in my 4 axle reko cars. This is more than enough for brightness. I can give you some more details by tomorrow.

Bjoern
You gotta do much more than believe if you really wanna change things!

"The GuiTTar Case" Gallery
"The GuiTTar Case" YouTube
CN-TT

Postby Christtking » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:58 pm

Not a bad idea also. Just in case the store does not get the ones with yellow LEDs. The video will be very helpful also. We need more people like you in this forum and anywhere in the world where TT exists. I spent a lot of time researching and building (modifying) stuff like this all the time, not to mention money (tools, paints, materials, etc,) you know the story.
Christtking

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:34 pm

Video would be great! Also still shots with the lights on.
My website: http://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby CN-TT » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:20 pm

Here is more info about my coach lightings:
I equipped the trucks with brass bearings from http://www.peho-kkk.de/shop/spurtt/03c1 ... bef75e.php You can get these with wires attached for power pickup and almost no friction. I made my own axle wipers out of .010 phosphor bronze wire
PICT0161.JPG

There are 3 LEDs with 1 resistor (150 Ohm) for each section of 5 cm. For each section I replaced 1 LED by a resistor between 7000 and 9000 Ohm. In my first trial I replaced the existing resistor with 2.1 kOhm and 1 LED with a 6.2 kOhm. I also added a capacitor with 470 microF /25 Volts for 3 combined sections. This is perfect for my 15 Volts DCC. 3 modified sections draw around 10-20mA.
PICT0158.JPG
MITROPA sleeping coach and 4 axle reko
LEDs look much brighter here!!!

PICT0163.JPG

For 1 coach I added 2 red micro LEDs as end-of-train lights.
PICT0150.JPG

I use the following LEDs (got 5m for 10$ !!! - ebay-)
PICT0164.JPG

I mounted the LED strip to a 5mm wide, 0.38mm thick brass strip with the ends bent 90° downwards. This holds the LEDs in place and works also as a "heat sink". But don't worry, you don't need a heat sink at all!

In the video, the lighting seems a bit bright but I guess it's because of the exposure of one of Steve Jobs inventions. But the color is very true.
Here's the link to my Youtube-Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiLmba ... qEa8EOIKmw

I'm still working on better pictures for true brightness.

Bjoern

CN-TT

Postby CN-TT » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:43 pm

"true" pictures:
PICT0169.JPG

PICT0171.JPG

CN-TT

Postby Christtking » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:06 pm

Very nice! Pretty ingenious!
Christtking

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:11 pm

Love it!
My website: http://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby CN-TT » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:27 pm

@Christtking:
In comparison to your interior decoration, with the lighting mine looks like :( :thumbdown: I'm more the technician! :geek:
So, lighting in your coach would make it even more :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

CN-TT

Postby Christtking » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:34 pm

To CN-TT: we all have our hidden talents. All I can say is that YOU ARE VERY GOOD! All your 4 axle reko coaches (former BTTB) need, is a little paint for smoking/ non-smoking sections. The newer ones from TILLIG TT BAHN it gets a little bit more complicated, but I kind of used the same techniques. That's the reason I like to share my ideas with the guys on this forum, you can use my ideas and/or improve them, I get some ideas from you and someone else, etc. For my 2-3 axle coaches I have an idea but I would not modify them until I'll get some LEDs because I'm not sure it will work. Always start with a prototype. The idea is something like this: In order to get started I'll need to disassemble almost entirely the coach, the wheel sets, the coupling system guide in order to get to the metal clip that holds the wheels. Drill & tap a hole in the center of each metal clip, drill a hole thru the black chassis (both sides), the holes are present already punched by the company thru the weight, then drill 1 more hole for both sides thru the plastic piece with the seats. Install a screw (total of 2 per coach), I'm going for 1.5 mm (maybe 1.7 mm), install everything back but the top part (walls with roof and windows), measure & cut some copper tubing to install over the screws' threads, some soldering involved on the top part of the tubes to the LED's board, some foil inside the roof (your idea!), assemble everything back together and will see the results. Like I said I'm not there yet. For the 4 axle coaches from former BTTB I came up with an idea also, not yet accomplished since I have so many projects going on (at the moment I am modifying all the bogies to adapt the with new coupler/coupler system). I was thinking to drill & tap a hole for 1.5 or 1.7 mm screws thru one side of the bogie (the one with where the non insulated wheel sets are) on the tab located midways above suspension carriage and for the current pick up I want to use a bronze or copper wiper, something similar to what they (BTTB) have been using on the DB style BR 221.1' bogies, with a tab in order to solder an insulated wire that will feed thru the bottom of the bogie dress thru the center hole of the pin that holds (connects) the bogie to the chassis (bottom piece), in order to be fed to the LEDs board to make contact. I don't know if this make any sense. I will post more photos of my projects indeed.
Christtking

Postby CN-TT » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:53 am

Thank you Christtking. All I do is taking the already existing stuff and make it the way I like it. I admire the guys who are capable of building anything from scratch and of course the ones who take the risk to bring some TT back to North America :thumbup:

Regarding your 3axle Reko, I noticed these already have metal bearings. For 2 or 3axle cars power pickup is crucial. When you use the already existing metal bearings with divided metal axels (http://www.das-service.de/Modmueller/tt ... g-bttb.php) you will have 2 wheels on each side for power pickup with the benefit of no friction from some wheel wipers.

Bjoern

CN-TT

PreviousNext

Return to Tillig TT Scale Models