Tillig and Kuehn passenger driving cars

Tillig and Kuehn passenger driving cars

Postby member13 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:41 pm

What is everyone' opinion on the passenger driving cars? If the train set is going in 'reverse' (driving car is at the front), do the cars derail at all? Are they weighted to prevent derailment? Is speed a factor?
member13

Re: Tillig and Kuehn passenger driving cars

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:51 pm

I have one set with a driving car that I purchased from Euro Train Hobby but haven't had the chance to run it yet. Will post an update when I do......
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby member13 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:05 pm

Thanks, I look forward to a comprehensive report ;) Anyone else?
member13

Postby ConducTTor » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:44 pm

Update to the above, I got the set out and ran it a bit on some temp rail. It's 2 regular passenger cars and a driving car (this set: http://www.eurotrainhobby.com/product_info.php/Set-of-3-Passenger-cars-Silberlinge-in-/Tillig/cPath/105_106_170_125/products_id/7726). I did a comparison with several BTTB passenger cars and obviously the Tillig cars roll better. The Tillig are less likely to derail but areas such as switches are still a bit of a problem (keeping in mind that this is going through a switch on an uphill with the loco pushing the set). Ultimately I would say with good track work and reasonable speeds through switches there should be no problems. Oh and by the way, this is on the old school BTTB track not the new Tillig/Pilz.
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Christtking » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:29 pm

Please do not run any new rolling stock (e.g ROCO, TILLIG, BECKMANN TT, KRUEGER, TT CLUB, PERESVET, ROTHE, PL MODELL, HAEDL TT LADEN, KUEHN, PIKO, etc on BTTB track. The tracks are out of style (Lionel type hollow on the inside), you lose electricity and that's how you will destroy your models. Tillig track is the way to go, and the new on the market Kuehn staff. Better running characteristics.
Christtking

Postby j p » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:58 am

Christtking wrote:Please do not run any new rolling stock (e.g ROCO, TILLIG, BECKMANN TT, KRUEGER, TT CLUB, PERESVET, ROTHE, PL MODELL, HAEDL TT LADEN, KUEHN, PIKO, etc on BTTB track. The tracks are out of style (Lionel type hollow on the inside), you lose electricity and that's how you will destroy your models. Tillig track is the way to go, and the new on the market Kuehn staff. Better running characteristics.

This has been discussed several times.
New Tillig/Pilz tracks are OK if you avoid EW1 and the smallest radii.
Kuehn tracks look better than Tillig's, but unfortunately, geometry of Kuehn's tracks do not follow NEM standard. Flex tracks and straight tracks from Kuehn are OK.
"Ancient" tracks from HP Products and Star Line are still better than those two - if the smallest radii are avoided. The choice of radii is unmatched: 10", 12", 14", 15", 16", 18", 20", 22", 24", 26", 28", 30", 32", 34"
If you won in a lottery, then the track of your choice could be TT Filigran.
There are also other track systems, many of them are mentioned here on the board. There was one suitable for NA TT with realistic details - some nails were lose or missing :)
j p

Return to Prototypes / Models