Tillig 16611 4 axle Reko passenger coach with baggage compar

Tillig 16611 4 axle Reko passenger coach with baggage compar

Postby Christtking » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:05 pm

DSCF2361.JPG
After disassembling the wagon, remove the inside piece, (1st coat) clean and spray paint the entire piece with TAMIYA TS-46 (LIGHT SAND). Let dry and mask (TAMIYA masking tape) everything (walls, floors, doors, corridors) but the seats.
DSCF2624.JPG
(2nd coat) Clean and spray paint the seats area with KRYLON (BANNER RED). Let dry, remove masking tape, clean and touch up as necessary.
DSCF2625.JPG
Use a SHARPIE marker (black colour) to accentuate the areas shown (bottom center and both ends of the insert), so it would blend in later (after re-assembly) with the bottom black chassis (section).
DSCF2632.JPG
Re-assemble the unit and enjoy!
Title should be: 4 axle Reko coach, 2nd class with baggage compartment of DR, era IV
Last edited by Christtking on Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christtking

Re: Tillig 16611 4 axle passenger coach with package compart

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:31 pm

:thumbup:
My website: http://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Christtking » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:12 pm

Thank you!
Christtking

Postby LVG1 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:21 pm

I was not aware of the inaccuracy of Tillig's newer models. :evil:

I travelled in those cars several times. And I remember very well what they looked like—both inside and outside.
  • The gangways had the same width over their whole length.
    —or at least almost. If there was a difference, it didn't come to notice. So it was not more than 1 or 2 inches. But it was by far not so extreme like at this model's interior.
  • There was more transparency between corridor and compartments. The sliding doors and the walls as well—and the swinging doors partitioning the corridor—were made of glass with frames of maybe 2 inches width. So there should be three-piece, at the compartment for disabled passengers with their double sliding doors four-piece transparent spaces extending over the whole length of the compartments.
  • The upper and lower parts of the windows (except for the toilet window) should have almost the same height. The lower part was only 1 or 2 inches higher. But the windows shown are clearly disproportioned.

By the way:
Your colors are chosen very well! :thumbup:
"Let's eat, grandpa."
Punctuation marks save lives!
LVG1

Postby Christtking » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:26 pm

To LVG1: Thank you! Based on your experience I could say that most of the models from Tillig, Modist, former BTTB and even KUEHN, are somewhat in some ways not accurate. Come to think of it, they are just models. I can deal with the fact that they are not 100% accurate as the real life prototypes, the only thing that bothers me the most is that the insides are not painted.
I did a lot of researching about finding the exact color (s) for a lot of cars, the thing is they are so many colors available on the market these days, sometimes it is hard for me to decide which shade should I use (lighter or darker). It all started (painting the insides 2, sometimes 3 different colors) with the passenger cars from MODIST. It's a lot of work, but I started to like it.
Off subject (I apologise in advance)! In KUEHN'S case the insides are painted (I will be posting more photos under Y/B 70 type cars), but for some reason I think there were some mistakes done on his models also. I have 1st class and 2nd class cars manufactured by this company and the seats are painted (moulded) with different colours to identify the respective class. In these cars (and others) they were 2 sections for each class respectively: a smoking section and a non-smoking section. The smoking section had brown coloured seats adapted and the non-smoking section had red coloured seats. To get into more details: 1st class (real life) had individual seats (if I'm not mistaken 3 on each side, so it would come to total of 6 per compartment), and 2nd class coaches had benches that would accommodate 4 passengers per side, total of 8 per compartment. Enough said: Back to KUEHN'S models. I hope I am not mistaking here but I think the interior of these type of car (2nd class) are wrong. They come with individual seats same as the 1st class ones, only the colour in different. Did KUEHN repeated the same mistake like former ZEUKE, later BTTB, did? The inside piece for their models accommodated both 1st class individual seats and 2nd class benches (all in one) used in all their 1st class, 2nd class respectively, in reality they were meant to be used only on 1st and 2nd combined class coaches.
Christtking

Postby LVG1 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:20 pm

Christtking wrote:To get into more details: 1st class (real life) had individual seats (if I'm not mistaken 3 on each side, so it would come to total of 6 per compartment), and 2nd class coaches had benches that would accommodate 4 passengers per side, total of 8 per compartment. Enough said: Back to KUEHN'S models. I hope I am not mistaking here but I think the interior of these type of car (2nd class) are wrong. They come with individual seats same as the 1st class ones, only the colour in different.

Are you talking about Y/B70-type cars in orange and ivory "Städte-Expreß" livery?

In general you are right about the differences between 1st and 2nd class seats in compartment coaches of DR.
But the "Städte-Expreß" cars have a special history making them different...

But this is the wrong thread for this storry. If you mention this topic in your thread about the Kühn car, I'll tell it there.
"Let's eat, grandpa."
Punctuation marks save lives!
LVG1

Postby Christtking » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:16 pm

To LVG1: I think too fast and I get ahead, then later on I realise what I have done. My apologies again! You're right!, I have to go to the KUEHN'S model.
Christtking

Postby Christtking » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:36 pm

DSCF3151.JPG
Photo of the complete model (back together after the alterations)
Christtking

Return to Tillig TT Scale Models