This guy is so cool.

Talk about anything and everything!

Re: This guy is so cool.

Postby tomvanhoy » Tue May 12, 2015 6:22 pm

Tom,
The Hassle is keeping the hose attached and dragging the tank with you where ever you go, so to speak.
Tom VH
tomvanhoy

Postby ConducTTor » Tue May 12, 2015 8:28 pm

tomvanhoy wrote:Tom,
The Hassle is keeping the hose attached and dragging the tank with you where ever you go, so to speak.
Tom VH

Well actually that's somewhat easily solved. My father about 15 years ago half joked that there should be "fartoliums" everywhere. You just back up to them and make a "deposit" :lol:

I view the whole renewable movement as inevitable. It's simply where things are going and the closer to the front of development someone is, the more likely they are to make huge $$$$ in the future. How close is that future? I have no idea. But that's why people can invest - it's a bet on the future.

Also I'm generally interested in Musk's projects. He has a record of success and even more, his successes have been based on innovation rather than the standard race to the bottom. Have you heard of anyone else other than governments sending stuff into space? I'm also inspired by the grandiosity of his ideas. For example the batteries - I agree that they currently don't make sense for the everyday user. But the fact that his ultimate vision encompasses the entire planet (and he's more serious than crazy in that regard) is awesome. I equate it to something like deciding to build the Great Pyramids - serious thinking on a scale that has no boundaries. And more importantly attempting to carry out that idea not just thinking about it.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby ConducTTor » Tue May 12, 2015 8:38 pm

It's been brought to my attention that perhaps this topic should be locked. PM me if you feel strongly one way or the other.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby CN-TT » Tue May 12, 2015 10:31 pm

I don't like off-topic discussions in any forum. It always ruins the "spirit" of the forum. Just my opinion!
You gotta do much more than believe if you really wanna change things!

"The GuiTTar Case" Gallery
"The GuiTTar Case" YouTube
CN-TT

Postby AstroGoat760 » Tue May 12, 2015 11:59 pm

CN-TT wrote:I don't like off-topic discussions in any forum. It always ruins the "spirit" of the forum. Just my opinion!

I would have to respectfully disagree.
Forums like this are a great way to bring together people that have a like mind on at least one or more topics, and it is interesting to see what else makes them tick. Not to mention that some of the stuff is very interesting/informative or is just plain ol' rib splittingly funny (such as Video of the Day, Random Cat Photos and so on). And that is just my opinion.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby ConducTTor » Wed May 13, 2015 12:46 am

I appreciate everyone's opinion on this. So far both the comments here and in PM are exactly split between kill it and let it live.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby ConducTTor » Wed May 13, 2015 2:40 am

After some thought about the problems of this topic, I would like to express some thoughts and guidelines.

#1. I believe in democracy. I am 100% open to CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and suggestions about how I deal with things. If you disagree with something I do, please PM me. Even if I disagree with something, if the majority of you feel a certain way...well, that's the way it's going to be.

#2. I believe in free speech. I think we're all adults here and therefore we should be able to have adult conversations. That means you are free to express your thoughts/opinions/beliefs.

#3. Expressing thoughts/opinions/beliefs in the real world carries a responsibility. That means you don't tell someone that they are an "idiot", "wheeny", etc. Tell them that you disagree because...blah, blah, blah and provide some facts. Example: telling someone they are retarded because they think the sky is red is not ok. Telling them that you disagree because "these" pictures show it's blue and providing pictures showing it's blue is the way to go.

#4. If there is evidence to support both sides, (pictures of a blue sky and pictures of a red sky) simply agree to disagree.

Please everyone, show respect for each other. As long as you can do that, I will never remove you from this site no matter what you think.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby j p » Wed May 13, 2015 2:59 am

ConducTTor wrote:
Well actually that's somewhat easily solved. My father about 15 years ago half joked that there should be "fartoliums" everywhere. You just back up to them and make a "deposit" :lol:

Did you father have the invention patented?
Based on EU directives, the authorities have to measure the quality of the deposit - which is used for the vehicle's combustion engine. Therefore, you can find the following road signs:
j p

Postby ConducTTor » Wed May 13, 2015 3:58 am

Ahahahhaha! No patent :(

Sent using Tapatalk - now Free
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Off Topic