Things That Are Evil

Talk about anything and everything!

Things That Are Evil

Postby AstroGoat760 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:31 pm

I figured that I would have some fun with this post, #666, by listing a few things that are evil.

Things that are Evil:
Comcast

This lobster was evil, so we cooked and ate it.

This hole in Nicolle's truck's tire was evil, and so is Nicholle's driving ability. :lol:

The Pontiac Sunfire is a shitty car that constantly needs service and help, which makes this car evil.

Speaking of evil Pontiac cars, KARR was also evil:

Easy Cheese by itself is not evil, but the fact that it runs out so fast is wickedly evil...

The Fujifilm Camera we has was evil, hence why it did not like to work, and why it was burned....
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Re: Things That Are Evil

Postby Marquette » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:37 pm

Well, I dunno... my friend has an 8 year old Sunfire he's had next to no trouble with at all. Though I think his might've come out of a Canadian plant? ;)

Evil: 5$ surcharge for getting on the Skytrain at the airport, over top of the usual ticket cost.
http://espeett.blogspot.com - The SP in 1:120 - my attempt at a blog
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby AstroGoat760 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:07 pm

TTQuebec wrote:Well, I dunno... my friend has an 8 year old Sunfire he's had next to no trouble with at all. Though I think his might've come out of a Canadian plant? ;)

Evil: 5$ surcharge for getting on the Skytrain at the airport, over top of the usual ticket cost.

The Sunfire I had was a 1999 model with 45,000 miles on it when I bought it. I barely put 10,000 miles on it when it was stolen in early 2004, but that was probally for the best.

I took very good care of that car, never ran it fast or hard, never carried that much weight in it, and in the 9 months that I had it needed:

1.) BOTH door locks failed, one failed in the Lock position, and the other would not lock.
2.) The alternator & regulator blew, causing major damage to the input lugs to the fuse block.
3.) A new (used) fuse block due to reason #2
4.) The radio sometimes did not like to work.
5.) A new headlamp switch, failed in the ON position, meaning that I had to unhook the battery every time I parked the car until the new switch came in.
6.) Part of the exhaust manifold was cracked, and was subject to a recall that GM refused to validate.
7.) ANY similar sized key fit into the ignition, leading to it's easy theft, and later "chop-shopping" When the car's remains were found, there was a small knife in the ignition.
8.) Rear Window defrost stopped working about 6 months after I bought the car.
9.) About a week before the car was stolen, the starter began to have issues, a friend of mine told me that the starters in J-body vehicles often needed to be changed out after 50-60 thousand miles, partially due to the vulnerability to potholes and water from it's position in the engine bay.

I have known quite a few other sailors with J-body vehicles with issues, many are the same as the ones that I had. Probably the worst case was one that had a convertible Sunfire that had it's roof locks come undone on the highway....
AstroGoat760

Postby Marquette » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:27 pm

Wow, that sounds almost Soviet in quality control. I've owned several theoretically identical things made at the same plant in the USSR - same year even - and one was absolutely perfect, the other absolute rubbish.

With QC like that, I'm not surprised GM is where it is now. (Also, with products like the Opel Insignia, I'm not surprised it is where it is! THAT was a horrible car to be stuck with for a month!)
Marquette

Postby AstroGoat760 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:43 pm

Let us not forget the GM/Daewoo cars like the late 1980's/early 1990's "Pontiac" LeMans. Nicholle had one for awhile and that car was junk. It was a Daewoo, with a GM fuel and ignition system. The GM parts actually were worse than the Daewoo parts. That car was riddled with electrical gremlins, to the point where I replaced all the light switches with parts from Radio Shack.

We gave the car to a junk yard after it's GM sourced fuel pump caught fire and damn near turned the car into a fireball in our driveway. Said junk yard used it to train people on how to use a cutter torch, and also let people hit it with a sledge hammer, for a fee.

I am not surprise that GM is where it is now, with some of the products they have made, like my dad's 2008 Silverado, with a 350 V8 with TBI, and a rather primitive TBI at that. You actually needed to pump the gas at least once to get the engine to turn over. My 1985 F-150 has a more advanced EFI than that.

Perhaps we need to put GM Quality Control under the "Evil" column....
AstroGoat760

Postby Marquette » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:43 pm

I would agree.

And I have to say I'm sad at that fact, as I like older (pre-mid-1970s) Pontiacs a lot (not quite as much as old Mopars, but).

Evil: the transportation clusterf*** that the Olympics will bring to this city! Entire streets closed off, bus reroutings, too many people trying to ride not enough busses and skytrains... augh. SO looking forward to the Oly being over!
Marquette

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:06 pm

TTQuebec wrote:clusterf***

I believe we are all adults here and can behave as such. Swearing is therefore allowed if you choose to use it.

Censorship is Haggis evil.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby AstroGoat760 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:10 pm

Okay......

(Clears Throat)

Attention All Hands....

(Blows into harmonica, tone of "C")

Now Hear This, Now Hear This....

CLUSTERFUCK!

Thank You, That is all.

Transportation Clusterfucks are Evil.

AT&T is evil as well. I kept getting bills for long distance services I never received on a plan I never signed up for. They kept sending me a bill for..... $1.27!
They kept sending paper copies at least twice a month for 3 years.
Last edited by AstroGoat760 on Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AstroGoat760

Postby Marquette » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:30 pm

Fair enough! :)

I'll also add: TABARNAK A DEUX ETAGES!

And now I'll stop, because rambling on until people start crying of boredom is also evil.
Marquette

Postby CaTTwoman281 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:16 pm

More things that are evil:

connecticut (Why this has not been mentioned yet astounds me.....)

Hackers (I say we should string that Haggis up by his unmentionables and beat him like a pinata.....with a keyboard.....)
Real Women Not Only Drive Diesel Trucks, They Drive Diesel Tractors!
CaTTwoman281

Next

Return to Off Topic