The TT Road....

Talk about anything and everything!

The TT Road....

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:40 pm

Traveling through Wisconsin on vacation, we found out that most of the state highways in the state are designated by letters, and in some cases, multiple letters, allowing for highways such as NN, ET, and yes TT!

Here is a picture of a sign for Highway TT:
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Re: The TT Road....

Postby Dibbedabb » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:28 pm

That's cool! Here in Germany you can have TT on the car's number plate. A friend of mine has GL-TT 1120 :grin:
Dibbedabb

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:31 pm

One of these days, I am going to travel Highway TT from a little more and take more pictures...

Waukesha is where Model Railroader is made, and I would like to bring Zeke and Company for a visit if I can.
Plus, UP #4017 is in Green Bay, WI, so a further trip into the state is in order for a later vacation.
AstroGoat760

Postby CaTTwoman281 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:19 pm

At least it's not the highway to Hell....
Real Women Not Only Drive Diesel Trucks, They Drive Diesel Tractors!
CaTTwoman281

Postby Marquette » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:29 pm

This reminds me that sadly I won't be able to fulfill one lifetime dream, namely that of driving along this road, which they renumbered in 2003:

But I *will* one day ride all the way along the Route 66! I've covered bits of it only, so far... first few miles from the starting point in Chicago, and in Arizona from Flagstaff to Kingman.
http://espeett.blogspot.com - The SP in 1:120 - my attempt at a blog
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:36 pm

Marquette wrote:This reminds me that sadly I won't be able to fulfill one lifetime dream, namely that of driving along this road, which they renumbered in 2003:

But I *will* one day ride all the way along the Route 66! I've covered bits of it only, so far... first few miles from the starting point in Chicago, and in Arizona from Flagstaff to Kingman.

Superstitious people like that suck. I remember one incident when I was stationed in Charleston, SC; I found a combo of items at Burger King that, when tax is added, equals $6.66. The cashier freaked out and demanded that I buy more stuff or get something else. I ended up having to talk to the manager to get my food that I wanted, and he even insisted that I order a "less evil" order.

So I kept going back every few weeks and getting my "Satanic Supper", until they put up a sign, ordering the employees there to not take orders from me. So I would pay others to make my order, and when they got the food, I would come in and sit down and eat. When the manager called the police, and told them that I was holding Satanic Services at their location, I laughed and left, and told them that I would never eat at Burger King again...

If only Burger King did not have their Star Trek stuff last year, I could have kept my word at that...
AstroGoat760

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:34 am

AngrySailor302 wrote:So I kept going back every few weeks and getting my "Satanic Supper", until they put up a sign, ordering the employees there to not take orders from me. So I would pay others to make my order, and when they got the food, I would come in and sit down and eat. When the manager called the police, and told them that I was holding Satanic Services at their location, I laughed and left, and told them that I would never eat at Burger King again...

Dude, you kill me :lol:
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby CaTTwoman281 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:49 pm

ConducTTor wrote:Dude, you kill me :lol:

Now, can you imagine what it is like to live with him.....?
Real Women Not Only Drive Diesel Trucks, They Drive Diesel Tractors!
CaTTwoman281

Return to Off Topic