The Foobie File

Re: The Foobie File

Postby scaro » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:33 am

http://lok-n-roll.de/shop/article_003-3 ... 1243-WM%26

Unfortunately this isn't a prototypical representation of anything, that I can see. I think the aim was to come up with a modern 50' boxcar, and it comes in single and double door. Took it to the Baby Boomer Freight Car List and they were most unkind ... :thumbdown:

The guts of it seems to be 'strreeetched' 1937 AAR Gold Coast car, so shares the end, roof style and -of necessity- the overall height of that car, which would have been uncommon on modern 50' cars, which by and large were introduced in an era where the 10' IH had already become passé. The ginormous sill however whacks it into the truly weird zone, I can't find anything even slightly close to it.

TT does need good 50' boxcars and Lok n Roll do some good things for TT ... but sadly, this ain't one.

The offer remains ... happy to do the research for free when manufacturers want a prototype to follow.
scaro

Re: The Foobie File

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:43 pm

scaro wrote:The offer remains ... happy to do the research for free when manufacturers want a prototype to follow.

This is massively selfless and I would take advantage if I were planning new model manufacturing....hint, hint...
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Prototypes / Models