The model train industry's future

Re: The model train industry's future

Postby Bill Dixon » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:55 pm

ctxmf74 wrote:"Would Micro-Trains level detail be acceptable for current and future TT scale modelers? "

I'd say MTL quality TT trains would sell a ton. Considering all the models they make in N scale it' seems like they'd try one model in TT to see how it sells? Given equal supply I'd bet TT would outsell N scale.....DaveB

I agree with this.
A line of MicroTrains quality cars would go a long way to bring back the scale.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby Bernd » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:37 pm

Alex,

Haven't seen anything being mentioned on other forums on the products you mentioned. Seems as Jason is the first to put it out in a newsletter. I wonder if the manufactures are holding back right now until things settle down more, which might not happen for a while.

Perhaps this might spur the "garage entrepreneur's" like Brian, you and the others into making products.

Bernd
Bernd

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:28 pm

So this is what I'm thinking as well - the garage entrepreneur angle. If we assume best case scenario and manufacturing jobs come back, it won't happen overnight. It would still be an issue of scale (literally) with the bigger scales having volume advantage. But, during the "downturn" tt may have a small shot at capturing a wider audience.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Bernd » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:16 pm

I think more publicity is needed in the model magazines. A couple of the TTnut members have been posting in MRH and have gotten some good responses. I have post there to. I have started a series of module builds that I've posted on but no bits yet. I'm hoping to get the first module done before this Dec rolls around for the Tiger Tracks show at RIT here in Rochester. I've also posted on the Rail Line Forum and have gotten some good response.

If I read or see anything concerning hobby manufacturers and China, I'll be sure to post it.

Bernd
Bernd

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:58 pm

If I can get my damn health sorted out, I'll be a lot more active like I used to be....
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Bernd » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:34 am

ConducTTor wrote:If I can get my damn health sorted out, I'll be a lot more active like I used to be....

Here's hoping you get back to 100%. Have noticed you haven't been on much.

Bernd
Bernd

Postby AstroGoat760 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:44 pm

ConducTTor wrote:If I can get my damn health sorted out, I'll be a lot more active like I used to be....

Damn. Just when I am getting better for the first time in a decade, you start getting ill.

We are all rooting for you Alex!
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby ctxmf74 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:30 am

"More jobs for the US and it's railroad related"

Problem is the Republicans are already talking about cutting funds for high speed rail. Japan could certainly build us trains if our govt. would come up with a way to pay for them.....DaveB
ctxmf74

Postby Bernd » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:04 am

Bernd, please, refrain from the political rhetoric (via links). Tens of millions of your fellow citizens hold views the polar opposite of yours. Isn't there a forum here for off-topic comments.

I offer this opinion with all cordiality.?

Opinion excepted. Also I promised Alex that I would behave, which I'm going to do, BUT I will not change my opinion about the political scene. End of statement and subject for me.

Bernd
Bernd

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:27 am

Going forward all political posts will be deleted - no discussions, no warnings. The ONLY politically tilted comments that are ok are ones that discuss impact on the hobby specifically. I realize it's a fine line - we'll try it, if it doesn't work out then we'll stop. We all have our opinions. Mine are 180 opposite of some other people's. But, that's not what we're here for.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion