The First North American TT meet! Canada Style!

Re: The First North American TT meet! Canada Style!

Postby gabbysuz » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:02 pm

dileTTante wrote:If there are no objections, I will arrange for a table at the train show and pay for it at the beginning of March. With our modest ambitions I don't see a need to set up Saturday. .

Since I got the time off from work I'll be able to make it up :D just wanted to follow up and see about getting a table ? should we shoot for an 8 footer for $30 ?
I'd be happy to reserve a table for all of us, just printed the form off, or has one already been reserved ? I'll be able to bring a small working display about 3 ft long, which would
leave the rest of the table for models, displays, information, loop track for running etc...
gabbysuz

Postby CSD » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:56 am

Gentlemen, I have entered Vancouver and will meditate upon our great meeting.
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby CSD » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:43 am

Well, everyone... Success! Our first meeting was a lot of fun!

More details to come...
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby jmass » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:49 am

this is great news! hope you all had a good time!
jmass

Postby Marquette » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:03 am

Oh, very much so!

Hopefully, the pics'll be up soon!
http://espeett.blogspot.com - The SP in 1:120 - my attempt at a blog
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby scaro » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:48 am

Pleased you all got to meet.

Meanwhile I've been meditating on this Aussie loco . . . I wonder if doing sufficient violence to a couple of the upcoming GP38-2 shells would enable a model?

http://chris-nelson.fotopic.net/p24810563.html

http://chris-nelson.fotopic.net/p24810577.html

It looks odd to my eyes, even, to see what's basically an SD40 hauling a rake of four wheelers.

Ben
scaro

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:48 am

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Kick Haggis! Pics and comments please!
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Marquette » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:46 am

It was awesome! More detail later, but...

...just as a heads-up, there's an even bigger version of this show - two days (sat & sun), more people, more exhibitors, clinics, an RPM room on the Saturday, etc - which happens in November. So plenty of time for everyone to plan ahead to attend, and we can get an even bigger display of TT stuff happening! (One which hopefully gabbysuz and I won't be the only ones with North American proto stuff!) :)
http://espeett.blogspot.com - The SP in 1:120 - my attempt at a blog
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby dileTTante » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:53 pm

As Iexpected, the novelty of TT attracted a lot of interest. A train show person told me attendance was good but it seemed modest. Still we had several people checking out the models which had been brought by TTQuebec, CSD and gabbysuz. For the last two weeks it looked like I would be unable to attend the show but at the last moment that changed. So then I was totally unprepared and I had no idea how to meet CSD and TTQuebec. I found them sitting at a table looking very cool. First I saw the track and did a double take, realized it was TT and decided it must be them. CSD had a big suitcase full of goodies. Both had some beautiful models on display. After I joined them the pair from Gold Coast showed up and put out some more lovely models of North American rolling stock and TT brochures.

Now that we've met and we know what to expect, probably we can arrange something more impressive for the next show. I know my own situation will have improved by then and I can contribute to the exhibit. It would have helped attract attention, for example, if I had brought the oval of track so we could have trains whizzing around. I have to say that CSD and TTQuebec are both terrific guys who are very interesting to talk to. They both do a great job of promoting TT scale. We all agreed that ConducTTor should join us at the next show (November 15).

I took very few photos after all and I was so excited that most pictures suffered from camera movement. There is some reservation about having our portraits on the internet so I will delay posting the couple that I have until we are in agreement about it. I enjoyed meeting the guys and I learned a lot. Most of all it was fun.
-Terry
dileTTante

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:58 pm

dileTTante wrote:As Iexpected, the novelty of TT attracted a lot of interest. A train show person told me attendance was good but it seemed modest. Still we had several people checking out the models which had been brought by TTQuebec, CSD and gabbysuz. For the last two weeks it looked like I would be unable to attend the show but at the last moment that changed. So then I was totally unprepared and I had no idea how to meet CSD and TTQuebec. I found them sitting at a table looking very cool. First I saw the track and did a double take, realized it was TT and decided it must be them. CSD had a big suitcase full of goodies. Both had some beautiful models on display. After I joined them the pair from Gold Coast showed up and put out some more lovely models of North American rolling stock and TT brochures.

Now that we've met and we know what to expect, probably we can arrange something more impressive for the next show. I know my own situation will have improved by then and I can contribute to the exhibit. It would have helped attract attention, for example, if I had brought the oval of track so we could have trains whizzing around. I have to say that CSD and TTQuebec are both terrific guys who are very interesting to talk to. They both do a great job of promoting TT scale.

Very very cool!!! :thumbup:

dileTTante wrote:We all agreed that ConducTTor should join us at the next show (November 15).

Definitely something to think about. We'll see.

dileTTante wrote:There is some reservation about having our portraits on the internet so I will delay posting the couple that I have until we are in agreement about it.

Alrighty, I'll break the ice.

DSCN0945.JPG
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion