Thank you.

Thank you.

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:29 pm

TT Nut is almost 5 years old and I've been doing some reflection.

I started this forum with many intentions. I felt for a very long time that I have to drive everything.
The forum has grown and thanks to its members, many wonderful changes have happened to TT in North America.

I no longer feel the need to be involved in absolutely everything that is going on and more importantly I no longer feel that I have to be the driver for new "stuff". You guys have contributed in many ways large and small to simply get things done and move the scale forward.

I simply want to say thank you.

Cheers!
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Re: Thank you.

Postby Marquette » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:54 am

Thank YOU.

You have done a huge service for North American TT and TT in North America just by starting this forum. It has brought together many people who may not otherwise have come together, and with that, you have probably instigated by proxy a lot of the positive developments that have happened.
http://espeett.blogspot.com - The SP in 1:120 - my attempt at a blog
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby Arseny » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:29 am

Agreed; thanks to YOU, Alex.
I've began to take an interest in American railroading thanks to this site.
Last edited by Arseny on Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arseny

Postby AstroGoat760 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:33 pm

ConducTTor, as already mentioned, TTnut.com has been a great thing for TT scalers, and has helped to put some new life into it. I doubt that I would have gone so far into TT scale if it wasn't for this site.

Heck, I kinda dread to think what I would be like if TTnut.com hadn't been around for the last few years, especially during the "dark years" of my life living in Connecticut and North Dakota.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby areibel » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:45 pm

Marquette wrote:Thank YOU.

You have done a huge service for North American TT and TT in North America just by starting this forum. It has brought together many people who may not otherwise have come together, and with that, you have probably instigated by proxy a lot of the positive developments that have happened.

However you say it above, Amen, +1, whatever- you did it Boss!
I enjoy collecting the "old" TT but when you look at the new stuff- that's what will make TT survive and grow. And putting a bunch of like minded people together here stirs the pot better than anything else. I used to look at the Iris Valley pics on the old TTSMR and TT IMS and wished we had something similar. We're not caught up yet, but we're getting closer! We've taken it from a couple dedicated guys like Elmer and Jim O'Brien and added some back up to continue what they started. And it's only going to get better.
areibel

Postby dileTTante » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:02 pm

Esther Muir - 'Thank you.'
Groucho Marx - 'Thank you.'

from 'A Day at the Races' - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKWUKwWxAqs
dileTTante

Postby jmass » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:21 pm

You've done a great service for the world of north American tt scale. take a bow my friend, and have a nice cold beer!
jmass

Postby j p » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:44 pm

j p

Postby milwrd1 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:18 pm

areibel wrote:
Marquette wrote:Thank YOU.

However you say it above, Amen, +1, whatever- you did it Boss!
I enjoy collecting the "old" TT but when you look at the new stuff- that's what will make TT survive and grow. And putting a bunch of like minded people together here stirs the pot better than anything else. I used to look at the Iris Valley pics on the old TTSMR and TT IMS and wished we had something similar. We're not caught up yet, but we're getting closer! We've taken it from a couple dedicated guys like Elmer and Jim O'Brien and added some back up to continue what they started. And it's only going to get better.

Yes indeed :thumbup: :thumbup: . I second all of the above comments :!: Much Thanks to the ConducTTor for his efforts. New stuff will make TT grow and expand. New people will make the scale grow and expand, the forum has played a tremendous role in generating ideas and communication among the modelers. Mentioning the old guys, please let's not forget Larry Sayre and John Harmon, who keep things going when the lights were almost out :!:
milwrd1

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:06 pm

Thanks guys. But seriously, you're doing all the work these days.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Discussion