Sydney exhibiton 2018

Re: Sydney exhibiton 2018

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:55 am

TiTan downunder wrote:>> Regarding straight wiring of the motors, either the MTB can motor or the cheap Chinese motors, it is not a straight-line connection process, as if you connect the left-hand terminal of the motor to the left hand tower terminals, and likewise right-hand to right-hand, the engine will run "backwards" - in order to obtain "forward" motion when polarity is set for "forward", you must connect the left-hand motor terminal to the right hand towers, and the right-hand motor terminal to the left-hand towers <<

Thanks. I'll try and remember that when I get back to them but, knowing me I'll forget and they'll go backwards on the first test run.

Ian

When I get my new workbench together, I plan on making a video that covers how I refit the motors in the MTB SWs.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby CFRiad » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:07 pm

AstroGoat760 wrote:I plan on making a video that covers how I refit the motors in the MTB SWs.

Please do.

Any insight in how to take the SW1200 apart would help us. And by taking it apart I mean doing so in a controlled way so it can be put together again. I am specifically interested in how to remove the trucks/towers and how to remove the motor from chassis.

Looking forward to your video.
CFRiad

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:33 pm

CFRiad wrote:
AstroGoat760 wrote:I plan on making a video that covers how I refit the motors in the MTB SWs.

Please do.

Any insight in how to take the SW1200 apart would help us. And by taking it apart I mean doing so in a controlled way so it can be put together again. I am specifically interested in how to remove the trucks/towers and how to remove the motor from chassis.

Looking forward to your video.

With a half dozen refits of the MTB SW1200 under my belt, I am quite confident in my skills and abilities in producing a video, aside from my speaking ability, as I am not fully confident of my speech abilities due to some difficulties that I have resulting from the concussions that I suffered in the US Navy. I have to get back down to Georgia to get the rest of my TT scale stuff, which has the bulk of my MTB parts and my tools as well.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Previous

Return to Events