Sweden

These are prototypes which either exist as TT scale models or can be modeled from existing models.

Sweden

Postby Sventton » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:28 am

I noticed that there were no postings for Sweden amongst the prototypes. There have been a number of items produced in TT for the SJ (Statens Jarnvagar...as close as this keyboard allows) including the Zeuke E499 elok, though they never used a loco that resembles that at all. There are also Zeuke Mobil and Nynas tank cars and the ASG boxcar, I think there is a current tank car also produced by Tillig. With privatization of the freight system in Sweden, it has opened up more possibilities for paint schemes. The Zeuke NOHAB loco is a great candidate for that, in fact there are still a few in operation in Sweden from my last information on short lines. Lastly, once upon a time the world's largest TT layout, (popularly known to be true, I could not stake my life on it...) was and may still be located in Munkedal, Sweden. I was in contact with the owner back in the 2000 era and he sent me a photo or two. Anyway, I hope to adapt some current stock for my smallish TT layout in building to be representative Swedish prototypes. Skal.
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg
Sventton

Re: Sweden

Postby areibel » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:47 am

Welcome Sventton, and Skal to you!
Do you still live in Sweden now? That is one place my wife would like to visit, so someday I might be able to see some prototype Swedish equipment in action.
Al
areibel

Postby Sventton » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:35 am

I wish I did Al...but this is your long time local Swede John Svensson from York, PA. I thought I would install a "tt" in there to fit with the Board's theme. I was just there in June though visiting friends and family, and I actually have a cousin that lives in Munkedal so we plan to visit there next time so I will look up the TT layout in person. We rode the SJ from Goteborg to Stockholm in June. John
Sventton

Postby Marquette » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:33 pm

Ooof, I forgot about Sweden!

I suppose that E499 does vaguely look like an SJ Rb or Rc class electric (or TGOJ Bt)... BTTB also released a blister-pack set of a V200 and two passenger cars in brown and lettered SJ, and I *think* there was also a V36 they did marked SJ.

I don't think there's a lot of Swedish stuff that can be modelled easily, though? I have no idea of what's up post-privatisation; that's kinda made me lose interest in keeping up with Europe's railways. But back from SJ days and the few private railways I could see a few possibilities for modelling... the T42 comes to mind, EMD G12 for which the NZ:120 kit could be used, and one could possibly kitbash an SJ T23 from a Tillig V80 body and a V60 chassis...
http://espeett.blogspot.com - The SP in 1:120 - my attempt at a blog
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby modorney » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:48 pm

modorney

Postby areibel » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:23 pm

Hey John, Welcome aboard! Sorry we didn't get up to Jamestown in July to meet up, we'll try again next year!
areibel

Postby Arseny » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:18 am

Hello, Sventton!
Welcome to the forum.
I like Sweden. Especially IKEA and Astrid Lindgren's tales. :smile: Everytime I visit IKEA I want to become Swede :lol:
My wife says that her grand-grand-grand-...mother was Swede.

Did Sweden use any rolling stock from Norway? Or maybe Finland? If yes, you can use "Norwegian" BR52 steam locomotive or NOHAB (Di3) diesel.

As I know, Sweden railways have connections with Norway, Finland, Denmark (by bridge and by ferry), Germany and Poland (by ferry) so you can use some European cars.
As I know, in 1960s-1980s there was even the train Moscow-Stockholm (through Berlin)
Arseny

Postby Marquette » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:35 am

As far as NOHABs go, I think Tillig released or is releasing a NOHAB in Great Northern livery... this is owned by someone in Sweden. It actually looks very sharp!
Marquette

Postby Marquette » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:52 am

Arseny wrote:My wife says that her grand-grand-grand-...mother was Swede.

That's very possible... the Finnish word for Sweden is "Ruotsi", which is actually related to the word "Rus", and we know that Swedish Vikings did go to Constantinople through what is now Russia and Ukraine!
Marquette

Postby Arseny » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:09 am

I tried to perform some search in the Internet, and discovered that there are some MaK 1206 diesel locomotives in Sweden - 6 units were purchased by Banverket.
So you can use 1206 made by Piko on your Swedish layout.

Also maybe it would be possible to kitbash V.100 locomotive into some Swedish diesel like T44 ?
Arseny

Next

Return to Prototypes by Country