Sweden

These are prototypes which either exist as TT scale models or can be modeled from existing models.

Re: Sweden

Postby Arseny » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:13 am

Marquette wrote:
Arseny wrote:My wife says that her grand-grand-grand-...mother was Swede.

That's very possible... the Finnish word for Sweden is "Ruotsi", which is actually related to the word "Rus", and we know that Swedish Vikings did go to Constantinople through what is now Russia and Ukraine!

Haha, no-no-no, the reason is quite more simpe. Her grand-grand-grand-... father was an officer (or soldier?). He went to the war against Sweden (I suppose it was in the early XIX century, but maybe it was in XVIII century). And then he returned home with Swedish wife...

My son looks like real Swede, and her first son too.
Arseny

Postby Sventton » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:40 am

Yes, I am thinking about what is out there in TT that can adapt to being a T44, my interest is more in the III and IV eras then current units, and Yes, on certain lines there is considerable mixing of Norwegian and Swedish stocks, Oslo to Goteborg and the Varmland line, as of course, the iron ore line in the far North. Thanks for the Piko tip, I will look at that. A more contemporary Nohab unit would be great, the Zeuke drive is of course not in the same class as current Tillig and Piko locos. I have one of the SJ passenger cars thanks to a very helpful Dutch TT'er several years ago...I am always looking for more if anyone cares to sell??? Keep this a secret, but I had one uncle who was a Geneaologist and if you dig far enough back in my family you will find Finns (1680's) who moved to Smaland province in Sweden...and the rest is history as they say. Yes Al- We will be at festival again next year "Gerry Rodeo"- Got a great Icelandic sheepskin pelt from the guy next to us who is from Buffalo.
Sventton

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:54 pm

The Swedish and Norwegian ore trains are fantastic. Nothing like that available in TT unfortunately unless you're inclined to make your own.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Sventton » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:08 am

Always looking for more of these if anyone out there has any. I imagine I will be doing some modification and repaints in the future to get more SJ stock.
Attachments
SJ Coach.jpg
Sventton

Postby Sventton » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:53 am

Also, from the Provincial "Where to Go" website for Bohuslan..... 8-)

Museum Railroad and Models
Chateau Småröd south of Munkedal exhibits model railways. 2 700 models. Most popular is the TT-scale. It is the biggest model railway in Europe and the visitors are allowed to play with it.
Phone: 0542-201 73
Sventton

Postby krokodil » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:19 pm

It looks like that the information is not really up to date.
Here http://modellundbahn.com/oldsite/page13.php Jürgen S ( the grounder of the Chateau Smarod Museum) reports, that a new highway and works around it caused an earthslide on Dec 20, 2006, what destroyed the museum and also his real railway car collection and he is still fighting for the compensation. Ten years after the disaster. :wall: :wall:
On the above link there are also videos about his old TT railway ( not really a big layout - something like 50 square meters), but over 300 thousand people visited the museum until 2006. in some of the videos there are live scenes from the layout.
Since the earthslide he is talking only about the 0-scale trains.
Greetings from Austria
E.T.
krokodil

Postby Sventton » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:11 pm

Thanks Krokodil, after posting that tidbit I dug deeper and found the landslide story also. I guess I will not be visiting it next year after all. :cry: Guess I can dig out my old photos from Jurgen as "keepsakes". On the plus side, I have contacted HaboHobby in Sweden on getting some of their SJ decals re-sized to 1:120. The suggestion of a kitbash of a V80 and V60 to make a T23 type diesel was quite interesting. I think getting hold of a V80 (best would be just a shell...) will be the difficult part. I don't think that Tillig has made those, (correct?) so I would have to find an old one most likely from Germany. The V60 chassis is close in size to the T23, the body would have to lose 8 feet, but a neat loco and in my preferred time period. John
Sventton

Postby Marquette » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:26 pm

Tillig did indeed make the V80!

https://www.tillig.com/Produkte/produktinfo-04801.html

But I think it's not in production anymore... they did pack them into a lot of start sets though so ebay might turn some up.
http://espeett.blogspot.com - The SP in 1:120 - my attempt at a blog
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:28 pm

What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Sventton » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:17 pm

Thanks, got one from a different Ebay hobby shop in Germany and for 10 Euro postage I received it in about 9 days. Outstanding.
Sventton

PreviousNext

Return to Prototypes by Country