sw 1200

sw 1200

Postby jmass » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:22 pm

has anyone bought the possum valley sw 1200 kit and how hard was it to put together. they look like pretty nice kits but i am guessing the chasis are tilligs. seems i remember sailor talking about this a while ago.i think this loco would go great with the new freight cars conducter is coming out with.
jmass

Re: sw 1200

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:28 pm

I would like some info on this as well. Thx for bringing it up jmass.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Re: sw 1200

Postby areibel » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:02 pm

The shell is the hard part, you can solder it or some guys have used epoxy and ACC to build it. It's not rocket science, there is a very nicely done set of instructions for building it. I's a little time consuming but I think if you're careful it won't be too bad. I'm going to have to make an effort to get mine out and built, I think it would be a a good starter for Andrey's SD etch.

It was originally designed to use a TIllig/ BTTB T435 or a variation of it. There were several that would work,one actually had the correct sideframes. The only problem was it sat way high on the chassis, something like a scale 2 feet up in the air. The PVM chassis helped with that, it's a lot closer to the right height. It is similar to the other PVM kits, a resin chassis with Tillig trucks. The chassis is pretty basic to build, the shell is what has always scared me off!
Al
areibel

Return to Prototypes / Models