special requirements for priming, stiffening cardboard laser

special requirements for priming, stiffening cardboard laser

Postby Rich1853 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:50 pm

Hello I'm interested in purchasing the my first laser cut structure, according to the specs the material says cardboard in the english translation. It also says the following:
A set for independent assembly and painting
A & S Project 122 - Lokschuppen Schleusinger Type: B 1: 120. Kit. New & Ovp.
Total length 25.4 cm., H = 11.0 cm. Laser cut, width 11.00 cm.
For priming I recommend Paraloid B72
It is recommended to stiffen the structure of cyanoacrylates possibly paraloid B72, it is on my other auction.
A & S Project 122 - Lok4schuppen Schleusinger Type: B 1: 120. Kit. New & Ovp.
Elements cut out by laser, materials that have moisture absorption properties (ie do not like moisture and should be avoided). For this reason you should pay attention to the dosing of water. The corners of the elements are slightly brownish due to the laser processing.
So what materials do all you modelers use.
Thanks

Rich1853
Greetings from Melbourne, Florida USA
On the Space Coast of Florida
Rich1853

Re: special requirements for priming, stiffening cardboard l

Postby krokodil » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:20 pm

Sometimes I do not understand those guys. There such super materials like kraftplex etc https://shop.kraftplex.com/epages/61603095.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61603095/Products/6416-extra, it is cheap, laminated and is hard like plexi.
Sometimes also the construction is extremely poor. If you find a good kit, you almost do not need a glue, everything fits together and gives a very rigid assembly.
Probably in your case ( I do not know this model) you will really need the primer Paraloid. Do not use water based glues! I also failed with one H0 structure. It was very expensive and very poorly made. The glue deformed several key parts.
Greetings from Austria
E.T.
krokodil

Return to Builders' Corner