Source for Track

Re: Source for Track

Postby Shipsure » Fri May 09, 2014 10:21 am

If you need laser cutting, I can help. I have two at home. :) I've been working with different materials testing the concept. If you want something bullet proof, you can cut ties and switch ties using .060 Plexiglass and etch tie plates and other details depending on how crazy you get. I have made Z tie sections and I always raster a flat grove that matches the base of the rail so you don't have to worry about loosing gauge. Plex can be made in the same way normal flex is and can be bent, but you have to be careful. I've also used to good success Strathmore art board. This is old school architectural model materials and I used it in conjunction with my lasers to make architectural models for Disney. It stands up well to being wet depending on thickness and there are lines that are solid colors...brown etc. Image Here's a quick shot showing the ties linked together with a rastered landing for the rail. I have had good success using Plybond to glue the rail down without having to drop in PC board ties. I usually only use them where the rails join. Here in Oregon we go from 20 below in the winter to 106 in the summer and so far everything is intact.

Joe

Bernd wrote:
CSD wrote: Bernd is/was looking at laser cut flex. And there are a few more topics out there.

The laser cut ties didn't come through. The guy out waited me, month and half. When I went to see him he made an excuse of wondering how many I wanted to cut. He made a comment of how much it would cost. I'm wondering if he thought I couldn't pay. Plus he sounded like he only wanted to do business with somebody that had a tax number and not be able to pay in cash. Perhaps I should have had 10 $100 bills in my hand. So. I'm pushed to think out side the box. I'm going to try another route. I'm wondering if it's possible to use a resin casting to make track. I'm working on an 8" section now. Working on making a master out of aluminum using my CNC mill. I hope to have something in the next couple of weeks. Not promising anything, just trying something different. I'm also keeping in mind that Code55 seems to be the rail to use.

Bernd
Shipsure

Postby Shipsure » Fri May 09, 2014 1:22 pm

I have one that's 12" wide and the other is 18" wide. Both are 12 deep...I only use LaserPro systems. Epologs are not well suited to much more than cutting out gaskets, signs and wooden spoons :) They are ok, but their Raster Function is not as fine. I can take mine to 1200 DPI, but 300 is usually overkill...the large one is 30watts and the smaller 18watts, but it's not about the power, but the vector control at slow speeds. I generally like to take slower speeds with lower power so I don't fry the edges, but I can blast through .250, but it's slow going. Systems vary, mine are sealed beam CO2's and have a normal life of about 20,000 hours before the tubes need to be re-charged. The smaller unit I have has been going non stop for 7 years (Venus) and am at about 80% efficiency. I will get that charged this summer. The larger unit has been going for 4 and is at about 90% the last time I measured them.

Joe
Shipsure

Postby areibel » Fri May 09, 2014 2:24 pm

Arseny wrote:Hello, Al!
As I know, TT-model do not accept orders directly, via mail or so. Except those customers who come to their office personally and pay by cash :wink: or at some show(s).
I asked Svetlana Kukoba from TT-model about it, she said me that the best way to order something for foreign customers would be the order via Eurotrain.

If you meet some problems with Eurotrain, I can visit their office and buy the switches for you, if you need.

Hi Arseny,
Thanks! I sent an email to George at Eurotrain to see if he could order them or not. If he can I'll order them here, if not I may need to owe you a favor! I would still like to finish a module, but I discovered I have 6 left switches and no rights!
areibel

Previous

Return to General Discussion