something of interest from shapeways

something of interest from shapeways

Postby jmass » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:09 pm

DSCN0856001.JPG
page 47 0f model trains.
jmass

Re: something of interest from shapeways

Postby areibel » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:39 pm

Is that the one from "Stony Smith"? If so, save your money for now.
I contacted him a while ago about cranking up his N and Z scale trucks to TT, he emailed me a while later ( a month or so) and said he'd try. I bought one when he let me know they were available, but it has some problems. The biggest is it's undersize, about 10%. The tires measure out to a hair over 36", they should be more like 42". And the over all height is short, for a truck that size. I am going to email him and see if he can jack it up a bit.
The other problem was with Shapeways. The printing quality was bad, probably the worst of anything I've bought from them. It didn't look too bad unitl I shot a little gray primer on it, you can see bands of smooth surface on the cab sides and front tires, but they alternate with some pretty scabby stuff- worse than WSF. And it wasn't cheap, something like $26 IIRC.
I'd wait for version 2.0 before I bought another.
areibel

Re: something of interest from shapeways

Postby Arseny » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:17 am

I think if it is Mack - it is no sense in buying it from Shapeways.
You'd better buy Mack from RailTT (railtt.ucoz.ua).
I ordered 3 (2 for me and one for Marquette) and they are on their way from Ukraine to me.

IMG_4050.jpg

Also look here:
tt-scale-american-trucks-vehicles-t1483.html

Yesterday I had a talk with Nikolay from RailTT and he told me that he ordered casting for 20 cabins and frames.
Arseny

Return to General Discussion