Some stuff to sell or trade...

Some stuff to sell or trade...

Postby Marquette » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:50 pm

I have some things I'd like to sell or trade... trade-wise I'm looking for TT equipment, freight cars mostly, but can consider other things, too. Books dealing with Canadian National subjects could be tempting, for example.

So, my list of stuff:

Just one piece of TT equipment: the Illinois Central boxcar in the attached image. I built this from a Gold Coast kit with suitable modifications (cut-down ladders, no roofwalk), painted it and lettered with TT scale decals from Dan Kohlberg. This model is suitable for any North American layout set between 1970 and the late 1980s (would look great behind a U-boat or SD45!)

Books:

* Classic Diesels of the South by J. Parker Lamb. 118 pages of great B&W photos of diesels in the South taken in the 1950s and early 1960s. Like new. $10

* Piedmont & Northern - the Great Electric System of the South by Tom Fetters. This is THE reference for the power and operations of the fascinating P&N in North and South Carolina. $80 - long out of print, I've seen it go for over $100, and not at all desperate to get rid of this one.

* Southern Pacific Freight Cars vol. 4 - Box Cars by Anthony Thompson. 496 pages with 846 photos covering in great detail EVERY type of boxcar ever operated by the SP. The ultimate SP boxcar reference, and the standard by which all other freight car books should be judged. Like new. $60

* AC&F Tank Cars by Ed Kaminski. 264 pages, 514 photos and 28 factory drawings of tank cars built by American Car & Foundry. One of the best tank car references I know of. Like new. $50

* Seaboard Air Line Color Guide to Freight & Passenger Equipment by Paul Faulk. 128 pages of all-colour photos of Seaboard rolling stock from the 1950s through the 1970s. Like new. $25

* The Magor Car Corporation by Ed Kaminski. 200 pages filled with photos and many factory drawings chronicling the history of rolling stock manufactured by Magor between 1914 and 1973. Like new. $40

* Railroad Atlas of North America - [US] Pacific Northwest including Alaska & Hawaii. Atlas of all present and former rail lines in Washington, Oregon, Alaska and Hawaii. Like New. $8

* Railroad Atlas of North America - Appalachia & Piedmont. Atlas of all present and former rail lines in West Virginia, Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee and North Carolina. Like new. $8

* Prototypes for Modelers: the San Diego & Arizona Railway by Charles O'Herin. Filled with photos, this is a survey from a modeller's point of view of the SD&A. Like new. $12

* Charleston & Western Carolina Railway Album by Albert Langley. A 72 page volume of mostly photos of C&WC equipment. Has suffered a little bit of water damage along the inner top edge but nothing bad enough to take away from the usability of the book. $5

Drop me a PM if you're interested in any of this and we'll work something out!
Attachments
100_9792.JPG
http://espeett.blogspot.com - The SP in 1:120 - my attempt at a blog
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Re: Some stuff to sell or trade...

Postby Marquette » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:52 pm

Re the IC boxcar - I'd like to trade it 1 to 1 for a Gold Coast 1937 AAR boxcar, ideally an unassembled kit...
http://espeett.blogspot.com - The SP in 1:120 - my attempt at a blog
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Re: Some stuff to sell or trade...

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:58 pm

Marquette wrote:Re the IC boxcar - I'd like to trade it 1 to 1 for a Gold Coast 1937 AAR boxcar, ideally an unassembled kit...

I'm ready to trade. PM / email me if this is still available.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Return to Buy, Sell, Trade