Some of Mine

Post your photos and video links here

Re: Some of Mine

Postby ConducTTor » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:30 pm

CSD wrote:One can also consist the locomotive to run together on one throttle.

That, I did not know. Yay!
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby AstroGoat760 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:06 am

ConducTTor wrote: Yay!

Is it time for a "Rolling Yay" already?

A "Rolling Yay" was something that we bored sailors on the USS Annapolis (SSN-760) did at sea. There are two kinds of "Rolling Yays", forward --> aft or aft --> forward.

In either event, what would happen is someone in the most far forward or aft manned section of the boat would yell out "Yay!" (Or another "word of the day", although there was a bit of trouble the day we did a "Rolling Haggis".....) The watchstander in the next space would repeat the word, and if needed, a roving watchstander (one that has to roam the ship and take readings on certain ship-wide systems) would relay the word to the next compartment (actually, there are only two watertight compartments on a Los-Angeles class attack submarine, operations and the engine room.) to the next watchstander, who would continue the "roll" until the word reached the opposite end of the ship.

Sorry, I am a bit pre-occupied with thoughts of the old girl, she left on a deployment not that long ago, and I should have been there for it, if it wasn't for the damn injuries. Your first ship is always special. What really bothers me is that I was too far out of it due to the painkillers not working to be allowed on the pier to see her go...
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby BTTB Fan » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:52 am

ConducTTor wrote:
CSD wrote:One can also consist the locomotive to run together on one throttle.

That, I did not know. Yay!

Does that simply mean setting both decoders to the same address, or is there some black magic involved? :think:
Alexei
BTTB Fan

Postby CSD » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:33 pm

BTTB Fan wrote:Does that simply mean setting both decoders to the same address, or is there some black magic involved? :think:

With DCC there is a specific consisting function in which one is set as the master and the other the slave. The issue with changing the address is that you would have to change other settings, such as direction control if the locomotives were facing opposite directions.
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby BTTB Fan » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:32 pm

CSD wrote:
BTTB Fan wrote:Does that simply mean setting both decoders to the same address, or is there some black magic involved? :think:

With DCC there is a specific consisting function in which one is set as the master and the other the slave. The issue with changing the address is that you would have to change other settings, such as direction control if the locomotives were facing opposite directions.

There is still so much for me to learn... my only excuse is that currently I only have 1 (one) DCC loco. But, as I master decoder installation into the Blue Tiger, I might consist a couple of those! :D
Alexei
BTTB Fan

Previous

Return to Photos / Videos