Smallest TT layout?

Smallest TT layout?

Postby Markus » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:17 pm

So, it it possible that I have the smallest layout here on the forum? :-) A concrete block of flats in the suburbs of the (fictional) Czech town Vlačkovice.

Well, it´s actually a piece of recycling... Building on my bigger layout (small too, 80 x 150 cm) I got a lot of material over and didn´t know what to do with it. Felt silly to throw it out, so I built this A4 paper sized "layout" or module (it´s possible to connect more of these to each other, I´ve already started building on the next one). The house is still not finished, but slowly getting there.

TT-nut is getting to be a really good forum, but I´d really love to see more American TT-layouts (living in Europe, I mostly get to see German ones, nothing wrong with that, but a bit of change would be fun)! So please, post whatever pictures you have on your home layouts for the rest of us to see!
Markus

Re: Smallest TT layout?

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:14 pm

Looks really good actually! The best thing about small modules is they force you to finish them since there isn't anything else to do. Something that big layouts don't often get..........

And, we're working on solving the North American TT problem :)
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby CSD » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:06 pm

I like it. Vlackovice, hilarious! What did you use for foliage? Nice grass too. Did you use the Grassmaster?
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby Markus » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:36 am

Thanks for the comments!

The foliage is from Noch, the grass as well. Didn´t use a grass master, just put a layer of glue on the "ground" and sprinkled the grass out with my fingers. Works o.k. (but grass master grass looks better on really closed up photos). The trees are some kind of weed I found with noch´s foliage on.
Markus

Postby ArturSch » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:01 pm

Markus wrote:.. so I built this A4 paper sized "layout" or module
In Poland we have sTTandard - a way to combine modules on TT meetings. Grid size is 30 cm, so the smallest module in sTTandard has dimensions 30x30 cm (12" x 12"). Last 2 photos show the two modules together (30 x 60 cm / 12" x 24").
You really do not need much space to play with TT !!

Image Image Image Image Image Image
The author is a colleague from Gdynia 'WT'.
ArturSch

Postby CSD » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:00 pm

@ Markus. Thanks. I have on order some of the Noch foliage to try out on some Super Trees armatures. If it turns out as nice as yours I'll be happy.
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby Marquette » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:03 pm

Fill us in please, on what Vlackovice means? :) My Slovak is very limited, and my semi-fluency in Serbian doesn't seem to be helping...

EDIT: Oh, wait... is it derived from "vlak"?
http://espeett.blogspot.com - The SP in 1:120 - my attempt at a blog
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby CSD » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:36 pm

Marquette wrote:Fill us in please, on what Vlackovice means? :) My Slovak is very limited, and my semi-fluency in Serbian doesn't seem to be helping...

EDIT: Oh, wait... is it derived from "vlak"?

If my brain is working correctly it is essentially "Traintown" or Trainton". Which struck me as funny because it is also a perfectly plausible Czech city name.
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby jpachl » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:37 pm

Markus wrote:So, it it possible that I have the smallest layout here on the forum? :-)

Since that layout is rather a diorama, my Berlin prototype diorama, which is 15 cm x 30 cm may also count:

http://joernpachl.gmxhome.de/model_rr_diorama.htm

TT-nut is getting to be a really good forum, but I´d really love to see more American TT-layouts (living in Europe, I mostly get to see German ones, nothing wrong with that, but a bit of change would be fun)! So please, post whatever pictures you have on your home layouts for the rest of us to see!

A good candidate for a very small layout that is not just a module or diorama but can be operated separately is my American TT layout:

http://joernpachl.gmxhome.de/model_rr_us.htm

With just 15 cm x 150 cm (= 2250 sqcm), it is probably one of the smallest fully operational TT scale layouts. I agree with Markus that I would also like to see more American TT scale layouts.

Joern
jpachl

Postby jpachl » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:45 pm

ArturSch wrote:In Poland we have sTTandard - a way to combine modules on TT meetings. Grid size is 30 cm, so the smallest module in sTTandard has dimensions 30x30 cm

That's a very smart grid size! By that size you can build modules to be carried in a suitcase to module meetings. I wished, we had that size here in Germany. The German branch of the Fremo association has a TT module standard based on a 50 cm grid. Seems too big for me.

Joern
jpachl

Next

Return to Layouts / Track Plans