Shapeways quality

Re: Shapeways quality

Postby Richard-B » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:26 pm

ConducTTor wrote:Total crap. 2nd shell in a row.
Get back to Shapeways Customer Service ASAP..
If possible, with comparison photos of "Good" and "Bad" results...

Their Community Relations team assured me they -will- listen!
Richard Brennan - http://www.tt-west.com
Somewhere between San Francisco and Budapest...
Richard-B

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:47 pm

I've done that before. And they send a new version.

New version inevitably has issues as well.

RP is simply not "there" yet.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the ruling class know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby James-Train-Parts » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:13 am

Hi all,

My name is James and it was my farther that Ben spoke to on Saturday and I thought it would be a good idea to join in.

Picking up on some of the points that have been asked/raised.

Yes, all my models can be increased to TT scale and yes I would rework them to keep the wall thickness down, which keeps the cost down. I am currently working on A HO version of my DT6-6-2000 and if there was interest I would happily make it a TT one. My models also come with brass handrails if required which I can also do for TT scale.

Yes I have spoken to Ben about a GP35. I plan on doing this the same time as I do my DD35A. I had hoped to do this before now but as this is not my full time job it can take longer than expected to get some stuff done.

Quality. This is a tricky one. Yes I have to admit I have seen a much better level of continues quality for the Eindhoven factory as opposed to the NYC one, but I have also had the majority of my stuff printed in NYC so maybe the percentage works out the same? Most of the time it comes down to models beings printed a bit too close to each other and orientation. I have found the Shapeways customer service very good. Something I am looking into is getting some model sprinted at a University here down the road. This might mean a very high quality and finish but at a steep price. I am still investigating that.

-James
James-Train-Parts

Postby scaro » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:11 pm

Hullo James and welcome. We have at least one guy who's interested in PRR centre-cabs but he'll make himself known I think. It was good talking to your Dad and great to see some of the work in the flesh.

Years ago, TT had a DD35, well sort of ... it was a model of EMD's proposed DD40 which eventually morphed into the UP DDA40X. We've never had anything as practical as a GP35 though!

Cheers, Ben
scaro

Previous

Return to General Discussion