SDP40F project

Re: SDP40F project

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:41 pm

It's pretty :)
My website: http://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Marquette » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:55 pm

ConducTTor wrote:The problem is we are all so far apart. The only place that has (some) critical mass is a corner of Canada and those guys are already at every show spreading the gospel. The rest of us have to do what we can on our own which unfortunately is not much. Articles in magazines is probably the most impact we can make. Unfortunately there don't seem to be too many writers (myself included) in our midst.

I can write - I've written for a hobby publication, for academic publication, also fiction - but I have nothing to write about!
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:29 pm

Marquette wrote:
ConducTTor wrote:The problem is we are all so far apart. The only place that has (some) critical mass is a corner of Canada and those guys are already at every show spreading the gospel. The rest of us have to do what we can on our own which unfortunately is not much. Articles in magazines is probably the most impact we can make. Unfortunately there don't seem to be too many writers (myself included) in our midst.

I can write - I've written for a hobby publication, for academic publication, also fiction - but I have nothing to write about!

Make something up. Seems to work for corporations, politicians, media.
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby modorney » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:15 pm

> I can write - I've written for a hobby publication, for academic publication, also fiction - but I have nothing to write about!

What's your favorite railroad, structure, locomotive or car? Write about that.
modorney

Postby WillYart » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:29 pm

Jes_leyva wrote:maybe this picture can help you to make the design of the SDP40f on blender :think:

176-9201 (1).jpg

THANKS!

Decided to learn Autodesk Fusion 360, it's easier to use than blender and going much more smoothly. The interface is just much easier to use.
WillYart

Postby WillYart » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:31 pm

modorney wrote:I think a good business (organizational) model is the narrow gauge convention and community. Their convention includes tours, clinics and vendors, which are often the same people. The narrow gauge world is not a bunch of vendors on one side and a bunch of modelers on the other - they are all the same people. Although I don't think we have the same numbers (1300 attendees), TT could encourage this on a smaller scale.

Thanks for the idea I'll investigate. Right now I'm a TT modeller but I know some people work in multiple scales.
WillYart

Postby WillYart » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:35 pm

Wow Jes, are you a 3D modelling god / goddess? How did you do that so fast? That's amazing. Looks like you're using an Audodesk product too, the interface looks really similar to Fusion 360.

EDIT: One other more substantive question - how did you go about researching this drawing? I'm hard pressed to find accurate representations of prototypes I'm interested in; I've found a few patent applications and random drawings by 3rd parties but I really want dimensional correctness.

I guess I'll just have to find the prototype and take measurements myself.
Last edited by WillYart on Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WillYart

Postby WillYart » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:37 pm

OK just one more post for this thread as an update. I'm really thinking about the need for passenger cars; my MTB 1200 wouldn't look too bad pulling some passenger cars.

So... what about Budd phase I Amtrak cars? Instead of loco project.

The reason I'm attracted to single-level passenger cars is their lower clearance; my layout is designed with lower clearances already; couldn't fit a bi-level car.
WillYart

Postby AstroGoat760 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:46 pm

WillYart wrote:OK just one more post for this thread as an update. I'm really thinking about the need for passenger cars; my MTB 1200 wouldn't look too bad pulling some passenger cars.

So... what about Budd phase I Amtrak cars? Instead of loco project.

The reason I'm attracted to single-level passenger cars is their lower clearance; my layout is designed with lower clearances already; couldn't fit a bi-level car.

I think that the Amtrak cars would be more important than the loco for the time being.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:58 pm

X2 on the Amtrak cars.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Prototypes / Models