SCARM - Simple Computer Aided Railway Modeller

SCARM - Simple Computer Aided Railway Modeller

Postby Mixy » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:48 am

Hello dear friends,

I want to introduce my freeware layout design program, called SCARM, which you can download and test from http://www.scarm.info/index_en.html. It has 4 TT-scale track libraries, intuitive and lightweight user interface, simplified 3D view and some other features.
I will appreciate any comments concerning SCARM here or by email – scarm at scarm dot info.
I was not sure where to post this topic, so I do it here - please excuse me if this is not the right thread.

Mixy,
from Bulgaria
Mixy

Re: SCARM - Simple Computer Aided Railway Modeller

Postby Mixy » Fri May 23, 2014 11:57 am

SCARM is evolving and the current version is 0.9.24 - see more about it here: SCARM v. 0.9.24 Released.

There are many new and improved features since I presented it here - see more about them in the SCARM Blog.

If you need info about something that is not mentioned in the blog or documentation, post about it here or make a comment in the blog and I will try to help :)

Mixy
Mixy

Postby ConducTTor » Fri May 23, 2014 12:10 pm

Is this available for Mac?
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby holtlen48 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:52 pm

A friend in the model railroading fraternity here in the US told me about SCARM recently. I loaded it and designed a nice 42"x 72" TT layout using Tillig track in about 15 minutes, once acclimated to the basics. The layout is instantly available in flat plan and 3D and you can toggle to get exact outer dimensions easily as well. One of the big advances is easy placement and location of flexible track. The software includes Tillig Advanced and Roadbed track, the older Zeuke standard track,and even has Tri Ang TT track available. I give it high marks all the way around.
holtlen48

Postby Mixy » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:13 am

Thank you, Holtlen48 :)

If you wish, send me your TT scale track plan and I may publish it in Model Train Layouts & Track Plans section of the site or in SCARM Railway Modelling Blog.

ConducTTor wrote:Is this available for Mac?

Not natively, but there is a chance. Read more about Running SCARM on Apple Mac.

Mixy
Mixy

Postby holtlen48 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:03 pm

Let me know where to send it - e mail address or web site address. Len H
holtlen48

Postby krokodil » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:08 am

Recently there is a brand new version of the SCARM, now supports up to 10 layers!
Greetings from Austria
E.T.
krokodil

Postby Mixy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:52 am

Yep - the new SCARM v. 0.9.26 is ready and comes with the new online help system integrated and the long-awaited Layers feature. Read more details here:

SCARM Track Planning Software 0.9.26 Released

@Krokodil: The SCARM contact e-mail is Image

Mixy
Mixy

Postby Christtking » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:11 am

@ Mixy. Pretty cool stuff! Thank you! I have to check it out some more in detail when I get more spare time. I really like it because it offers translation in other languages such as my native Roumanian and my adapted languages English and Spanish.
The program will come in handy for me since I need to build my layout some day. I never started building my layout (track laying) because of the fear of starting it and doing something wrong and then I will have to tear it down and start all over again. So far I have only the frame with the legs anf the wood boards. 3 sections 12 ' long X 4 ' wide. I think it is kind of short for me to run the ICE trains on it. Complete ICE 2 trains (TILLIG) like in real life consist of 14 cars total (12 cars and 2 ends) and I would like to have the train composition in straight line when run on the layout, just for few seconds before it will attack the curve again after coming out of one. So I'm thinking about another extension.
Christtking

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:28 pm

Christtking wrote:I never started building my layout (track laying) because of the fear of starting it and doing something wrong and then I will have to tear it down and start all over again.

Without doing that, you won't learn what to do/not do. Also I found that by building and having to rebuild I'm starting to understand what I actually want.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Next

Return to Layouts / Track Plans