SCARM - Simple Computer Aided Railway Modeller

Re: SCARM - Simple Computer Aided Railway Modeller

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:47 pm

I would so love it if you made a Mac version.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Mixy » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:14 am

SCARM can be started in Mac environment even now - read more about that here:

Running SCARM on Apple Mac

And here is the newest version SCARM 0.9.31 ready and published, coming with new security features and several new and updated track libraries. Read more details here:

SCARM Model Railroad Track Planner 0.9.31 Released

This version should fix the "scramble" bug, which may appear in the older releases, so update is recommended :thumbup:

Mixy
Mixy

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:02 pm

Mixy wrote:SCARM can be started in Mac environment even now

:clap:
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby sacto-tt » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:06 pm

I have been working on designing a piece of my new layout using SCARM. Some annoying quirks, but I'm managing to get what I want out of it.

I have now run into a problem with the metric to SAE conversion inside the program. I want to place the entire layout on a 1 inch layer of foam to allow more ground detail. I tried following the instructions provided via help to raise the entire layout up one inch, but it will only raise it 0.98" or 1.02" because of the conversion problem. This occurs because each press of a key or tick of the mouse wheel changes height by 1mm internally and the new height is then converted to inches. Is there a way to enter the new height by using a text box or some other way to type it in? :wall:

The program seems to allow that for many height functions, just not the one where all are being changed via the ALT button. Hopefully I'm just missing something. I don't feel like manually adjusting every height indicator.
-Joe-
sacto-tt

Postby Mixy » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:24 pm

The solution with Alt key is a workaround for preserving of the slopes, but it is really stick to 1mm step internally and there is no way for change that for the moment. If you don't have slopes, you can use the Numeric Input feature and set the exact height for the whole track plan. And I will work to add a feature in some of the next versions of SCARM for vertical shift of all selected tracks and objects.

In the meanwhile, the new version SCARM 0.9.32 is ready and published, coming with new Flip and Rotate features and many new and updated track libraries. Read more details here:

SCARM Model Railroad Layout Software 0.9.32 Released

This version also fixes several annoying bugs that may appear in the older releases, so update is recommended :)

Mixy
Mixy

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:20 pm

Thanks as always Mixy.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Mixy » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:49 am

The new SCARM v. 0.9.33 is ready and published, coming with several new features and updated track libraries. Read more details here:

SCARM Model Railroad Track Planning Software 0.9.33 Released

The new “Height shift” tool in the Toolbox is the promised solution for lifting-up all selected tracks and objects to the desired height. Hope you will like it :)

And here is one more way of using SCARM: if you want to play with the program on a mobile device, this may be of help:

Using SCARM on iPad and Android Tablets

Mixy
Mixy

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:33 pm

Thanks Mixy!
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Mixy » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:57 am

The new SCARM v. 0.9.34 is ready and published, coming with new and updated track libraries and also with a new extension - the brand new Model Trains Simulator.

Read more details here:

Model Railroad Layout Designer SCARM 0.9.34 Released

The Starter Edition of the simulator is intended for simple 2D and 3D simulations of various operations on the track plans, designed in SCARM. It will show you how the model rolling stock can be operated on a real layout, before buying even a single track.

In this way, you can check the concept of your plan and to discover potential design issues before start the construction of a real layout. Or you can just play with your laptop on your virtual layout, when you are not at home. And last, but not least, this edition of the simulator is completely free, like SCARM itself :smile:

Please note: the simulator is not directly bundled into SCARM installer. If you want to test it, you must install the latest version of SCARM first and then to use "Extensions" > "Browse for Extensions" menu command in the program in order to download and install the required files.

The simulator opens a whole new world in SCARM universe and I hope that you will like it :wink:

Mixy
Mixy

PreviousNext

Return to Layouts / Track Plans