SCARM - Simple Computer Aided Railway Modeller

Re: SCARM - Simple Computer Aided Railway Modeller

Postby Christtking » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:56 pm

@ConducTTor. You are absolutely right. Someday I will have to get it started. I just have that mentality that I want to be an expert like the people from Europe that build layouts like there is noting to it. :grin:
Christtking

Postby Mixy » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:26 pm

IMPORTANT!

Several bugs were discovered in SCARM 0.9.26 related to the renaming of the layers and then save and restore of the already changed layer names. The patched version of the program was released today.
Please upgrade to SCARM 0.9.27, which can be downloaded from www.scarm.info to fix these problems.

See more about this bugfix update in the following blog post: SCARM v. 0.9.27 Released.

I am sorry if these bugs caused any problems and inconvenience in your work with SCARM. If you see another problems, please report them here or in SCARM Blog and I will try to fix them ASAP.

Mixy
Mixy

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:02 am

:thumbup:
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Mixy » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:34 am

Here are presented the first very detailed virtual locomotive models in SCARM, created by Ian Donohoe and shown in the following SCARM post:

Detailed 3D Models of US Diesel Locomotives in SCARM

Below are two of them:

These are created with the object's interface of SCARM and are auto-scalable to the scale and gauge of the used tracks in the layout plan, so they will perfectly fit on TT scale tracks :)

Download the loco library from the blog's post and use these nice models in your virtual SCARM layouts :)

Mixy
Mixy

Postby krokodil » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:38 pm

image.jpg

Hi guys, the loco model is perfect, but the last version of the SCARM still has lot of bugs (v 0.9.27. beta) without the loco model.
The automatic height adjustment does not work at all - i am unable to change the h coordinates, or the changes are showing strange values suddenly for any reason the attached flex track climes up over 1 m !!!. The overall work is much much slower as it was before ( 2 versions before).the save procedure requires almost a minute and the 3D view is even longer.
I will probably downgrade it back to the earlier version - was much smoother and simpler and worked actually quite good ( in comparison to this one).
Any idea what is the problem?
Greetings from Austria
E.T.
krokodil

Postby Mixy » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:05 am

Hello E.T.,

Happy New Year!

Not sure what can cause these strange problems, but I think that it is outside SCARM.
Please, send me your layout file to SCARM e-mail at Image and I will check its data consistency.

Mixy
Mixy

Postby krokodil » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:46 pm

Mixy wrote:Hello E.T.,

Happy New Year!

Not sure what can cause these strange problems, but I think that it is outside SCARM.
Please, send me your layout file to SCARM e-mail at Image and I will check its data consistency.

Mixy

Thanks Mixy

It is not in hurry, I just wanted to modify my former design ( the layout is already under construction, so I just wanted to record the modifications) and run in several problems like this one. I will send you ocassionally the drawing.

Best regards
Greetings from Austria
E.T.
krokodil

Postby Mixy » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:30 am

The new SCARM v. 0.9.28 is ready and published. Read more details about it here:

SCARM Model Railroad Layout Designer 0.9.28 Released

There are many bugfixes, so it should run smoother and even more stable ;)

Mixy
Mixy

Postby Mixy » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:30 am

Here are listed the SCARM railroad blog posts for January 2015.

Check How To Make Control Panels and Diagrams for SCARM Track Plans article if you want to know more about how to draw a stylized diagrams of your layouts like the example below of oval with one siding.

The next version of SCARM will be published soon :)

Mixy
Mixy

PreviousNext

Return to Layouts / Track Plans