TT scale steam loco headlights

TT scale steam loco headlights

Postby TTTerrific » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:14 pm

Just received my order from Shapeways for a "tree" of 20 TT scale pyle-national cannister type headlights that were in service from the 19-teens onwards. 10 of these lights have visors over the lens, 10 do not. Also included on the "tree" is a small bulbular insert that serves as a "lens" which can be lit if a light source is set inside the headlight (its completely hollow with backplate like the prototype) set behind the "lens."

RDickman is the source of this part. The detailing is excellent, most of which is only visible if you view the headlight under magnification. The part "tree" is Shapeways # 5969290 16" Pyle Headlights. The cost was only around $6.00 plus shipping. See photo below

IMG_0880.JPG
TTTerrific

Re: TT scale steam loco headlights

Postby Bernd » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:58 pm

And speaking of DKRickman, I haven't seen him on the forums both here and MRH since 2015. He just disappeared without a trace. Always makes me wonder what happened to people like him.

Bernd
Bernd

Postby areibel » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:25 pm

If I remember right he was an engineer for one of the Class Ones (NS, maybe?) and did a lot of his design work in hotels while he was waiting to head home. I was always curious about some of the boilers he has listed on Shapeways, I wondered if he can do one in HO if he could crank one down to TT, and maybe design it to fit a Tillig chassis. Not that I really need another project, though!
areibel

Postby Bernd » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:05 am

Yes, he was an engineer on NS. He just plain disappeared off the model railroad scene without any indication. Makes me wonder if he met a demise of some sort. I did send an e-mail just in case he still uses the address in the forum. I did exchange some model parts and had his address at one time.
Bernd

Return to Builders' Corner