TT Scale Outlook for 2018

TT Scale Outlook for 2018

Postby AstroGoat760 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:22 am

How does everyone feel about the outlook for TT scale in 2018?

Personally, I feel pretty good about it, with the pending wider radii turnouts from Kuehn, as well as projects that we are undertaking in preparation for the 2018 National Train Show in Kansas City, as well as the plans for bringing TT Scale to other shows in the Southeaster USA.

Does everyone share my optimism for 2018 (in TT scale), and why?
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Re: TT Scale Outlook for 2018

Postby RodTT » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:57 pm

I'm looking forward to the release of the Zeuke 2-bay hoppers. Shouldn't be long now, last I was told they are due in January.

I should also have a layout ready for exhibiting around the middle of the year. I won't say people will be queuing up to see it, but here in the UK American TT is virtually unheard of so I'm hoping it will attract a bit of interest.
RodTT

Postby AstroGoat760 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:08 pm

Be sure to share photos of the layout.
AstroGoat760

Postby Graandpa » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:41 pm

RodTT wrote:I'm looking forward to the release of the Zeuke 2-bay hoppers. Shouldn't be long now, last I was told they are due in January.

I should also have a layout ready for exhibiting around the middle of the year. I won't say people will be queuing up to see it, but here in the UK American TT is virtually unheard of so I'm hoping it will attract a bit of interest.
I am going to try to enter some upgraded HP E-7's in the model contest in the NER convention this Fall. I am also going to try converting two to E-8A's. I have NYC
Lightning Stripe decals. Planning is about done. I have to knuckle down at git 'er done. Articles will be submitted to NMRA Magazine, if they work out.
Graandpa

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Graandpa

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:30 pm

Graandpa wrote:
RodTT wrote:I'm looking forward to the release of the Zeuke 2-bay hoppers. Shouldn't be long now, last I was told they are due in January.

I am going to try to enter some upgraded HP E-7's in the model contest in the NER convention this Fall. I am also going to try converting two to E-8A's. I have NYC
Lightning Stripe decals. Planning is about done. I have to knuckle down at git 'er done. Articles will be submitted to NMRA Magazine, if they work out.
Graandpa

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I would like to see how the E-8 project goes, as I have considered doing something similar as well.
AstroGoat760

Postby Sventton » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:22 am

Will be interested in the E8 project also Grampa. I have an Alco FA A/B set project underway and they are painted in NYC "Cigar Band" scheme...waiting on the delayed BR218 chassis. Otherwise, things have slowed with the Christmas season, too many other obligations. :boohoo:
Sventton

Postby AstroGoat760 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:15 pm

Sventton wrote: I have an Alco FA A/B set project underway and they are painted in NYC "Cigar Band" scheme...waiting on the delayed BR218 chassis. Otherwise, things have slowed with the Christmas season, too many other obligations. :boohoo:

I am also looking into building an ALCO FA/FB set with BR218 chassis, I would love to see how your project goes.
AstroGoat760

Postby AstroGoat760 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:36 am

Considering how many people at the 54th Atlanta Train Show said that TT was a "happy medium" between HO and N, and showed interest in TT scale, I have good hopes for the scale and its prospects for the future.
AstroGoat760

Return to General Discussion